The Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) is a
Non-Government Organization (NGO) incorporated in October 2007 to
provide strategic workforce that supports manpower needs of Military
Facilities in Nigeria. HIFASS was primarily established as a continued
effort of the Nigeria
Ministry of Defense Health services to provide
strategic manpower needs of the Military health facilities so as to meet
the health needs of Military personnel, their families and the
population around military health facilities, especially for the control
of HIV epidemic and other related diseases.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer – Project
Reference: HIFASS-LOPIN 3
Work Hours: Full-Time 40 hours/week
- Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) –
Local OVC Partners in Nigeria (LOPIN3) which started in August 2014 is
a five year PEPFAR/USAID funded project implemented in Cross River and
- The project works with LGAs, communities, households and
families where children are orphaned or made vulnerable due to HIV/AIDS
and other disabilities.
- LOPIN 3 works within the context of overall goal of “Mitigating the Impact of HIV/AIDS on Children and Households”
- The project is implemented by a consortium of 3 local
organizations with HIFASS as the lead partner and others including,
People-to-people Health Foundation Nigeria (PPHFN), Calabar
Arch-Diocesan Action committee on AIDS (CAACA) and Catholic Diocese of
Abakaliki Succour and Development Services Initiatives (SUCCDEV).
- The role of the Finance Officer is to assist the Managing
Director in providing complete financial services as dictated by HIFASS
Broad program operating contractual obligations, donor requirement and
Nigerian regulations. S/He will administer and maintain comprehensive
reporting and budgeting systems.
- Provide HIFASS management and other partnering organizations
with timely financial information to enable all levels to make timely
- These services may include, but are not limited to, appropriated
dollar funds available for administration and technical program
purposes, budget preparations, financial reporting & control,
forecasting and analysis, income management, financial reporting to
partners, annual accounts preparation, payroll management, staff salary
evaluation & development.
- This also includes covering a variety of payment activities with
respect to: employees’ salaries, allowances and deductions, sub grants
and other funds as required.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage HIFASS-LOPIN 3 Main Accounts;
- Work with HR Manager to process staff payroll, remit taxes and make other statutory/government contributions;
- Monitor lodgement of HIFASS-LOPIN 3 advance from USAID and post same into Quickbooks;
- Provide support to prepare annual and quarterly work plans and budgets in consultation with the programme manager;
- Liaise the day to day banking transactions including cash deposit and withdrawals;
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all accounting files,
track and follow -up on advances and ensure timely reconciliations;
- Maintain adequate filing storage and retrieval systems
- Post various transactions into Quickbooks and perform monthly Bank Reconciliation;
- Develop and maintain a compensation structure and benefit policy which support the organization’s goals and financial strategy;
- Perform month-end closing and year-end duties such as annual
filings, donor monthly/quarterly/annual reports, inventory lists, etc;
- Provide support to staff as regards finance issues and assisting internal/external auditors with queries.
- Check all expense supporting documentation to ensure compliance
with organisation policies and related law, prior to obtaining
approvals and payment processing
- Assist to manage annual audit exercise and periodic Financial Reviews;
- Ensure compliance to all the provisions of guidelines regarding financial management and sub contract;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Training Requirement:
- Degree or Higher Degree in Accountancy or related discipline.
- Experience in administrative support, posting financial data to
ledgers, preparing invoices, billings and/or vouchers, reviewing and
maintaining account balances.
- Must be an Associate Member of ICAN or ACCA or other relevant Professional qualifications.
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years post NYSC, previous experience working
with NGOs and International Donor-Funded program will also be added
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Numeracy Skills
- Strong Budgeting and Financial Analysis Skill
- Knowledge of OMB Circulars
- Knowledge of Auditing principles and practices
- Attention to detailed and ability to meet deadlines
- Maintain high level of Confidentiality.
- Excellent Reporting Skills
- Ability to use Spreadsheet and Data Base Softwares and Knowledge
of financial and accounting software applications (preferably
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letters and
Resumes and additional certificates that supports or addresses the
requirements listed for the position to “The Human Resources Manager
(HIFASS)” via the e-mail: email@example.com Please submit all attachments in Word or PDF formats (Cover Letter and Resume as a single file).
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Application Deadline 21st June, 2017.