Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates)
networked together in 94 countries, as part of a global movement for
change. Together we are working to achieve our vision of ‘a just world
without poverty’ and to be a powerful partner in global and local
communities of people
connected for change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Support Manager (C1 – Global)
Location: Abuja (With possible travel to North East)
- This role is for a good leader interested in providing financial
and risk management service by developing business intelligence that
supports program decisions and performance management.
- The job holder will provide strategic overview and management of
Finance, Procurement & Logistics and information Communication
& Technology; leading on business process re engineering initiatives
that will ensure appropriate integration with user departments.
- The job holder will reinforce value for money criteria in close cooperation with the program and management units.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Performance Management & Business Intelligence:
- Steward performance management Lead business intelligence
activities, performing proactive monitoring and analysis to drive
strategic business decisions and continuous improvement activities
- Respond to informational requests from The Headquarters and The
regional Centre and be the main contact point for information for on all
matters to do with programme support.
Financial Planning and Information Management:
- Lead the annual and periodical financial planning, budgeting,
forecasting and reporting processes to ensure efficiency and compliance
with all organisational standards of management and accountability.
- Provide direct support to Programme Managers and/or budget
holders on all matters of finance specifically budget preparation,
monitoring, control and reporting with a view to ensuring good financial
standards is met.
Grant Management and Donor Reporting:
- Ensure that the Finance team provides proactive response to the Programme team in:
- Departmental planning and budgeting (Inc departmental operating $ans, budgets, and (re)forecasting and analysis);
- Cost recovery through proactive and aggressive recharging of core costs and key positions to restricted donor funding
- Contributes to proposal development (for Grants and Tenders) and
leading the development of detailed internal coat models and external
budget / pricing proposals together with the supply add Logistics
- Manage restricted funds (e.g. EU/ECHO, UNHCR, DFID, SIDA,
USAID/OFDA, etc) in collaboration with Funding Coordinator to ensure
best practice for compliance and financial reporting as required.
Procurement & Logistics:
- Supports the Supply and logistics Manager in design and
implementation of effective supply chain and logistics management
strategies working with the Country Director with respect to identifying
required interventions, and the resolution of attendant issues.
- Support the team to embed organisational systems, standards and
structures into logistics & procurement functions, including
strategic advice, clarity on policy, procedures and ways of working.
- Ensure that IT strategy not only incorporates developing
effective business solutions and services with the underlying
infrastructure but that it underpins the delivery of appropriate
technology enabled solutions.
- Ensure continuous follow up to IT process and day-by-day
operation that complies with Oxfam minimum standards and policies;
promote best practise.
Leadership, Coordination and Capacity Building:
- As a member of the leadership team, support the development of
the country strategy, with a focus on ensuring. sufficient capacity and
support in business operations.
Educational, Experience and Competencies
- Masters degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics
or closely related field i.e. in the areas of Project management,
social sciences or a combined professional qualification. Relevant work
experience may be considered.
- Proven ability to interpret financial procedures and standards
and put them into practice and influence others in their implementation
- Experience managing humanitarian, campaign as well long-term
program budgets of over €40 million and reporting to relevant donors,
- Strong analytical skills and experience using a computerised
information management system (Ms. Word, Ex- eel, Accounting/Statistical
analysis software etc.)
- Full professional qualification in accountancy (e.g. CA/ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CPA)
- Minimum of 10 years “hands-on” working experience in providing a
whole range of financial services within a structured organisation, 5
years of which must be at strategic level in an INGO program work,
including field experience and/or with institutional donors .
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a dispersed, multi-disciplined, multicultural team
- Commitment to Oxfams overall aims and policies arid experience
of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in
all aspects of Oxfams work
- Knowledge or appreciation of Nigeria in terms of its political
economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key
development and humanitarian issues in the region.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and report
writing skills. Good analytical skills and experience using a
computerised information management system (Ms. Word, Excel,
Accounting/work related software etc.)
- Knowledge and / or experience of common Oxfam norms objects, standards and tools
What We Offer
Oxfam (Novib) is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair,
and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our
- For more information please send an email to: email@example.com
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately as
suitable candidates may be shortlisted and interview prior to closing
date. Only applications sent in the required format will considered.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email an application letter and CV as one Word Document or PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline: 16th June, 2017.