The African Cycling Foundation (ACF) is a social enterprise
that aims to transform lives via the bicycle. Focused on enabling people
change their circumstances and optimise their potentials by providing
mobility, ACF promotes regular cycling as a means of achieving
sustainable wellness for
all and improved academic performance for young
The organisation is currently seeking to recruit an experienced candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Communication and Administration Officer
Contract Type: Full-time
- Support with creating and implementing the organisation’s
extensive communication plan, including writing proposals, press
- Manage day to day social media activities focussing on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc.
- Source and develop engaging contents, including stories, videos and pictures, to be updated across social media channels.
- Provide general administration where needed as well as assisting
the Executive Director as required in order to facilitate the work of
- Serve as internal communication liaison for the organisation’s
team; participate in meetings and other activities of the organisation.
- Promote the organisation’s events and activities across social media channels.
- Ensure each platform is scheduled and promptly filled with content in-line with the organisation’s strategic objectives
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Effective management of marketing & communication activities.
- Strong knowledge of using social media in successfully engaging
and growing audiences, developing creative content, measuring impact of
activities and making informed recommendations for revising all social
- Excellent writing skills, including grant proposal and report writing.
- Sound organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks efficiently and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent attention to detail and a good eye for design
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview within next week.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s with a
supporting statement describing how you meet the specifications and what
you would bring to the role to: email@example.com. You are required to send the names and contact details of two referees.
Application Deadline: 8th June, 2017.