The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
(IITA), is a not-for-profit institution that generates
agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing
challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource
degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan
improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition
security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource
integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research
partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Technician III
Recruitment Type: National (3 year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carryout regeneration and rescue of seed lots on the field and screen house to improve the quality of research
- Carry out characterization and evaluation of seeds crop;
- Participate in planting operation in the outstation seed regeneration activities;
- Coordinate casual Coordinate casual labor and consultants to
carry out regeneration and characterization activities on the field and
- Organize day to day activities on regeneration and virus indexing of seeds crops.
- Coordinate Planting, spraying of herbicides and insecticides;
- Collect and enter research data using appropriate research tools
- Coordinate labor recruitment, time keeping and supervise casual worker during field activities;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Supervisor.
- National Diploma in Crop production, General Agriculture or related field
- At least Six (6) years’ experience performing same role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be computer literate and have good sense of cleanliness.
- Have good research activity knowledge
- Have good safety precaution techniques.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive
benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online
application below attaching their cover letters with detailed curriculum
vitae saved in a single file in Microsoft Word format. The application
must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional
referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct
Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration
Click here to apply
Click here for more information (PDF)
Application Deadline: 15th June, 2017.