Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started
operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple
successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia
Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark
on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Associate
- As Social Media Associate, your responsibility is to build
engagement and brand equity with current as well as new followers on
social media platforms and generate revenue.
- Growing Jumia’s organic social media reach and online audience
engagement in NigeriaImplementing and translating the marketing and PR
strategies to social media
- Creating and contributing to social media strategy and content development plans
- Posting to Jumia social media channels including but not limited to twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, blog.
- Interacting with online Jumia community real time including creating and appearing in live videos
- Generating and responding to online conversations and email enquiries on behalf of Jumia.
- Monitoring Jumia social media mentions and recommending strategic and timely responses as needed
- Conceptualizing, brainstorming and creating engaging,
informative, relevant and viral-worthy content across Jumia social media
handles and blogs.
- Contributing to content and script development for social media videos and product reviews.
- Building a monthly social media engagement report for all our social media handles.
- Other tasks may include assisting the content development team
with writing, brainstorming, creating and implementing the content and
engagement roadmap for all services and countries.
Qualification & Experience
- B.Sc Communications/Journalism/Marketing or any other social science degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role
- Copy-writing experience a plus
- Good knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
- Passion for social media and ability to research and keep up with evolutions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply