MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient
people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining
MainOne you’ll be
challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part
of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Job Code: DB0001
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting Line: Cloud Operations Manager
- The Database Administrator is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of databases.
- They will also be involved in the planning and development of
the database and storage systems in MainOne, as well as troubleshooting
any issues on behalf of the users.
- He/She will evaluate relevant trends and suggest changes,
enhancements/ upgrades or eliminations to Main One’s existing
environment and provide innovative, reliable and high quality DB
solutions for the Company.
The Specific Responsibilities will include;
- Design/implement data persistence solutions with the right database solution
- implementing best practices guidelines and Policies relating to
Databases as well as Capacity planning of Databases, Storage and Backup
- Ownership of operational stability of Business critical database instances
- Day-to-day proactive monitoring, including monitoring error
logs, database and log space, user activity, and resource utilization.
- Work with infrastructure owners to test and verify integrity of data archives
- Storage Management, including storage design, configurations, implementation, additions, and consolidations
- Storage capacity planning and implementation
- Performance monitoring, troubleshooting proactive support and problem analysis as may be assigned by the manager.
- Manage and support SAN Environment
- Operate and support of data enterprise backup systems
- SQL and DB performance tuning, reporting and forecasting.
- Develop refine backup procedures and policy.
- Creating of automation tools for managing relational databases
(auditing, account management, backup/restore, discovery, schema
- Schedule backup jobs based on documented procedures and Schedules
- Provide improvement feedback on backup procedures and standards
Communications and Work Relationships
You will be required to work closely with the:
- Managed Services and IP Teams
- Minimum of B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science or in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years in Database Administration
- Certification in Oracle and SQL Databases
- Certifications in VMware, EMC and/or other related certifications
- Virtualization/Storage/Back up Technologies is required
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills (at C Level)
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud will be an added advantage
- Must have strong Windows/Linux/Unix skills.
- Strong storage design and administration is an added advantage.
- High level of Integrity and professionalism, especially in dealing with highly confidential information
Demands of the Job:
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take ownership
- Prioritizing ability
- Troubleshooting ability
Note: When the page opens, click on “Database Administrator”
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply