A fast-growing online media platform that focusing on Banking, Finance, Economy, Technology, and Oil and Gas. Using photos, text and video, The organisation encourages citizen journalism and provide its audience sound and balanced news on a daily basis.
We are recruiting to fill the position of a reporter.
JOB TITLE: NEWS REPORTER
- Writing and editing news and analysis for a well-informed, specialist audience
- Developing a broad range of contacts including executives, regulators and advisors, and monitoring client and industry needs
- Scoop, collect, verify and analyze newsworthy information
- Investigate news tips/leads
- Maintain notes and audio recordings
- Stay up-to-date with current events in the finance, banking, economy, technology, and oil and gas sectors
- Publish news stories
- Contact, interview and research sources
- Liaise with editors, sub-editors and journalists
- Fluent written/spoken English
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Familiarity and engagement with social media
- Enthusiasm and motivation to take ownership of specific geographical or thematic areas within the editorial team.
- Proven working experience as a reporter
- Portfolio of published articles/news stories
- Broad knowledge of headlines
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, WordPress usage)
- Excellent lobbying and listening skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs alongside 3
articles that you feel best showcase your writing skills to