Medecins Du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to Healthcare worldwide. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Coordinator (M/F)
Location: Maiduguri, with movements to Abuja
- Under the responsibility of the general coordinator, you guarantee that the medical activities implemented are in line with MdM’s strategy and you are responsible of every medical aspect of the program.
- You are supervising the health program coordinator, database officer and pharmacist concerning technical aspects and health activities implementation.
- Drive the medical and technical aspects in the development of MdM’s strategy and make sure the different components are in accordance with donor obligations.
- Participate in the implementation of medical activities in link with the needs.
- Conduct rapid health assessments when requested.
- Organise regular meetings with the medical teams as well as performance evaluation.
- Ensure the supervision of the medical stock and logistic chain for medical purchase.
- Participate in the different intern and extern meetings, especially on health and nutrition cluster meetings.
- Lead on liaison with the Minister of Health authorities and participate in the identification of MdM operational partner for Gender Based Violence component.
- Participate in the writing of donor’s activity reports and proposals.
- Analyse the medical data received on a weekly basis, and provide feedbacks.
- Are responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the medical program.
- Supervise the medical team, responsible for ensuring the team capacity building and ensure that recruitments are completed on time.
Conditions of Employment
- Status: Employee
- Contract: Fixed-term contract
- Duration : 6-9 months
- Position to be filled as soon as possible
- Single posting
- Medical Doctor
- Significant experience in public health and/or project coordination
- Knowledge in primary health care and sexual reproductive health
- Experience in supervising health promotion activities and some basic mental health activities
- Experience in working with local authorities, partners
- At least 5 years of experience in non-profit sector, with minimum 2 years in humanitarian response
- Experience in working within the cluster system
- Ability to manage a multi-national team
- Good writing, computer and communication skills
- Capacity to work and to live in tense conditions
- Languages: fluent English is required
- Ability to have a global overview of a program
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
- Excellent organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st August, 2017.