Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking
group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of
South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16
countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us
guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial
solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the
latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant
working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are
looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Service Management Digital Channels
Job ID: 24281
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Banking
Closing Date: Jun 16 2017
- To implement processes and tools that track, resolve, oversee
and optimise customer interactions with the bank; and foster customer
loyalty by enabling effective and efficient customer interactions &
usage of digital channels (e.g. ATM, POS, BNA, internet banking etc. by
Customer Experience Across Digital Channels:
- Reviews customer utilisation of existing products, digital
channels and functionality in order to understand trends and identify
the reasons why certain products and channels are favoured by customers
and incorporate learning into new customer experience designs
- Engages with frontline sales teams and teams that work with
customer complaints, to get a real world understanding of what customers
are asking for (customer needs) and to gain an understanding of
complaints data; in order to incorporate findings into future process
improvements for customer touch points
- Reviews the uptake and patterns of customer use of existing
loyalty programmes to identify opportunities to improve the uptake of
the bank’s loyalty programmes by advising product and channel managers
on how to incorporate the existing loyalty offerings into their
processes and value propositions.
- Increase in number of active users
- Achieve and continuously improve NPS target
- Tracking and analyzing trend of issues and incidents to ensure the root causes of issues are being dealt
Process Design and Efficiencies:
- Works with process owners, process designers and process
custodians in the bank to review processes and provide input on the
customer requirements and look for opportunities to digitise, automate,
integrate and simplify customer-impacting processes and make
recommendations to product and channel teams.
- Reviews the customer touch points in the processes (whether it
be a digital experience, frontline or call centre experience) to
understand how the customer will be impacted by process changes, in
order to make recommendations on improvements required from a customer
point of view
- Reviews customer documentation and interfaces (for example
digital interfaces if deployed in digital or phone scripts in a call
centre) and make recommendations to product, process and design teams on
improvements that could be made to enhance the customer’s experience
- Achieve and continuously improve NPS target
- Prevent and Manage Fraud effectively
- Effective Event , Incidence and Problem Management across channels
- Number of continuous improvement opportunities identified and implemented
- No fraud incidents
Drive Digital Channels Adoption Strategy and Project Deliver:
- Works with branch teams to ensure that the digital channel
strategy is adopted accordingly as it pertains to digital migration and
- Scopes and documents business requirements for project that for
Digital Banking channels and ensure that the business mandate is clearly
documented, effective requirement gathering, analysis and successful
implementation of projects.
- Continuously tracks and monitors projects to ensure delivery as per agreed scope and timelines and report on projects.
- Achieve designated channel penetration targets across respective branch zones
- Achieve liability and income targets through channels sales and customer wallet share grow
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of relevant skills in order to meet the business needs.
- Ensures skill assessments and competency-based training takes place as and when required.
- Takes personal responsibility for coaching and mentoring others.
- Ensures the implementation of the leadership promise and employee engagement programme.
- Staff engagement score
- Approved talent and succession plans
- Execution of talent and training plans for all staff
Internal & External Relationships:
- Enabling functions (IT) – Resolution of Channel downtime issues, Technical Vendors Engagement, Technical Projects delivery
- Personal and Business Banking (Branches) – ATM Channels support,
delivery of service to walk-in customers(card activation, Funds
transfer, Internet Banking Activation)
- Vendors/Service providers – Track SLA on service delivery
- Regulatory authority representatives – Receive regulatory directions for compliance implementation
- Operations (Account Maintenance) – Setup of intermediary channel accounts, Update of Account Status and customer information
- Operations (Domestic Payment & Card Operations)
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree Holder from a recognised University.
- Certification in service management, project management, leadership programmes
- 7- 10 years experience of customer service PBB (card, IB, Mobile
Banking); CIB (merchant acquiring, ecommerce and POS); and payments.
- General account on-boarding processes.
- Processes for seamless service delivery
- Experience in application of risk and compliance requirements related to customer onboarding
- Banking Process and Procedures – Sound knowledge of the Bank’s
laid down policies and procedures as it relates to the processing of
- Business Acumen – The ability to analyse business financial
performance as well as competitor and external factors as it would apply
to the people practice in the organisation.
- Financial Acumen – Knowledge and understanding of costing,
budgeting and finance concepts and the understanding and application of
related processes and procedures.
- Risk Management – Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of
risk management methodologies, tools, governance structures and
regulatory requirements for good management of risk.
- Financial Planning – The ability to determine how a business will finance its strategic objectives
- Strategic Planning and Reporting – Knowledge and understanding
of the process and thinking required to formulate objectives and
priorities, and implement plans consistent with the long-term interests
of the organisation in a global environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 16th June, 2017.