RusselSmith Group, is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity
management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the
global oil and gas exploration and production industry, using rope
access technology as our principal medium of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a
difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our
employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them
to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Intern
Job Reference Code: RS-OHS-001
Job Type: Intern
Summary of Functions
- Assist with the development and administration of programs, reports, and training and employee seminars.
- Assist in conducting Emergency Response Training Programs and in conducting safety drills.
- Assist OHS team members in the preparation of weekly, monthly and other required safety reports
- Perform additional functions incidental to environment and safety activities.
- Prepare reports of findings from investigation of accidents, inspection of facilities, or testing of environment.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Examine plans and specifications for new projects to determine if all safety requirements have been included.
- Assist in conducting research in the planning, development and
organization of employee informational seminars. Presents portions of
- Assist in implementing HSE Management systems and programs and assist in advising staff on relevant HSE information.
- Assist in conducting Safety Awareness Programs and in coordinating first-aid training.
- Assist in conducting daily safety inspections.
- Assist in conducting incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Assist in implementing corrective and preventive actions for non-conformities.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- A university degree is required with a major in science, technology or engineering preferred.
- HSE Certification from OSHA, NEBOSH or NISP/ISPON – Mandatory
- 0-2 years
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people is essential.
- Good leadership skills are beneficial.
- Familiarity with statistical methods and spreadsheet applications is required.
- Computer literate and able to use MS Office applications effectively.
- Fluent in written and verbal English is essential.
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision
within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive
ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force
occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of
common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers,
and FAX machines.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting.
Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply