nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate
essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors.
The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a
positive impact on the business environment.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Graduate IT Trainee – Programmer
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- An important element of our HR Strategy is to support Sahara
Group’s Strategy on sustainability by developing leadership and
management capacity throughout the organization.
- To perform frequent, repeatable operational reporting, testing
and technical maintenance activities in order to support the Business
continues without interruption and negative impact on service delivery.
- The GITT Programmer employs creative imagination, modeling and
information engineering to develop a system that satisfies both
management and end-users in the most cost-effective and efficient way
possible.. The IT analyst also debugs the system and ensures that it is
- Trainees will be appointed to a role and will be expected to
deliver all the job expectations for that position. They will receive
‘on the job’ training and their performance monitoring will include the
setting of performance objectives against which their performance will
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as Play, Spring and spark
- Knack for writing clean, readable code
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies• Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
- Possess a firm grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful API development and web security
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- University degree in a reputable University (Minimum Second
Class Upper). Not limited to only Computer Science or related Science
and Engineering degrees.
- 0-2 years post-NYSC ExperienceExperience building and integrating applications
- Experience with test-driven development
- Maximum age of 25 years by December 2017
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced,& dynamic environment.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and a team player with a proactive approach to work.
- Candidate must be ambitious with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Candidate should have poise & finesse.
- Candidate must be assertive.
- Candidate must be a strong communicator with ability to connect
with people at all levels.Strong analytical skills, problem-solving
abilities, excellent interpersonal skills,Knowledge of current
- Candidate must be hardworking and one who thinks “out of the box”
- Board of Directors
- Line Manager
- All staff
- Managing Directors
- Group Human Resources
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply