The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC),
operator of the NNPC/Shell/Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV) announces
the commencement of the 2017 SPDC
JV LiveWIRE Programme specifically
targeting youths from host communities along Trans Niger Pipeline (TNP)
Right of Way in Ogoniland.
LiveWIRE is a youth enterprise development programme supported by the
SPDC JV. The programme aims to inspire, encourage and support young
people aged 18-35 to start their own businesses through the provision of
training and finance for young entrepreneurs.
2017 LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme
The objectives for the LiveWIRE programme are to:
- Enable youths to establish businesses by providing business
planning and management skills through the ‘Become a Successful Business
- Provide business start-up grants for candidates with the best business plans.
- Link successful candidates to third parties like banks, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and allied financial institutions.
- Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for successful candidates.
- Pre-start up:- Value and Organize Yourself (VOY)
- Value Chain workshop
- Business Start-up (How to access finance & technology)
- Post start up (Mentoring and Market linkages)
- Bright Ideas workshop (BI)
- Become a Successful Business Owner (Business Planning & Management)
- Male and female applicants who are indigenes of communities in
the following Local Government Areas of Rivers State: Eleme, Tai, and
- Must be resident in Rivers State
- Must have an innovative business idea
- Must desire to own and manage a business
- Must possess a University degree or HND in any discipline.
- Must have completed NYSC if within mandatory bracket
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Notes: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email/sms.
Application Deadline 21st June, 2017