Job Title: Editor/Proofreader
- We are looking for proofreader/editors to work from home. The
person must have use of a computer/laptop. Excellent English skills
- The work is remunerated on a manuscript by manuscript basis.
Proofreading is a career that is perfect for those who have a good eye
for detail, grammar, and spelling. Proofreaders review, edit and make
changes to written work before it is published.
- We typically need a bachelor’s degree or masters in English,
Journalism or a related field, as well as impeccable spelling, grammar
and knowledge of style.
- Minimum of 1 – 5 years’ work experience in a similar role.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Spelling/Grammar: Proofreaders need to have a mastery of the
written word. They need to understand how a sentence is read, and how a
sentence is spoken. Being proficient in language and writing style is
- Ability to work in a team setting through primarily email, Skype/whatsapp and phone communication; Self-motivated.
- Strategic and creative thinking.
- Attention to Detail: Proofreaders need to make sure every comma is in place and every word is spelled correctly.
- Excellent proofreading, copyediting, developmental editing, line editing, and editing for search engine optimization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 30th July, 2017.