Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging
markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s
financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across
the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us
guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial
solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to
the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible
and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into
the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join
our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Job ID: 24374
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Information Technology and Services
- Group Information Technology: Systems development, business
analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing,
infrastructure, maintenance and production.
The Database Administrator carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following technical areas:
- Creating and maintaining all databases required for Production, Disaster Recovery, development and testing usage,
- Setup and maintenance of online replication of data from to the DR environment,
- Monitor and advise management on licensing issues while ensuring compliance with Oracle License agreements,
- Proactive Production Database monitoring across database platforms.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances,
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of databases,
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Determine and set critical thresholds for disk, tablespaces,etc
- Install, configure and upgrade Oracle server software and related products
- Log Technical Action Reports (TARs); apply patches
- Support audit/investigation team by enabling database audit trail.
- Monitor and advise management on licensing issues while ensuring compliance with Oracle License agreements
- Provide focal point on calls to Oracle Corporation for technical support.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the production Databases.
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design
and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure
the bank’s standards are being adhered to.
- Evaluates releases of database engines and their tools, and
third party products to ensure that the bank is running the products
that are most appropriate.
Key Performance Measures:
- Number of instances of non-compliance to policy and procedure
- Number of error recorded as a result of not following policy and procedure
- Number of audit exception on Database issues
- IT Audit rating by Internal Audit, Routine Control, and external audit
- No service impact
- Reduced number of incidents
- Successful implementations.
- IT Business Control, Network Administrators, Server &
Storage Administrators, Application Support Team, ITSM, IT Auditors,
eBusiness IT, End Users
- Software Vendors, Auditors
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of first degree or its equivalent in numerate or
semi-numerate disciplines such as engineering, actuarial sciences,
statistics, mathematics, computer science etc.
- Minimum of 5 year post qualification experience in Oracle and MS SQL Server Database Administration
- IT programming experience will be beneficial
- Oracle Certification will be beneficial.
- Experience with Databases, in particular Oracle, DB2 and MS SQL.
- Experience with AIX, Solaris, Windows and related toolsets will be of benefit.
- Unix, & Storage, Database, Operational exposure.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th June, 2017.