Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not
only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also
reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global
opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is
our focus on employee
engagement. Engagement is a key driver of
productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our
We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best
from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results
but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these
behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully
designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Team Leader, Customer Service – South West
Locations: Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara, Osun
- Lead and supervise the Enquiries, Service Consultants and
Frontline Support teams in order to meet and exceed customer service
expectations in the Service zone.
- Where necessary direct customers to the correct department and/or migrate to more appropriate channels.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ensure that subordinates provide customers with appropriate information and services.
- Ensure that subordinates provide customers with exceptional service in the Service Express zone.
- Initiate steps to resolve issues/problems affecting customer
service timeously, where issues are referred by subordinates or
identified by the incumbent.
- Ensure identification of opportunities to cross-sell products and services and pass leads to the relevant sales departments.
- Ensure correct scheduling of staff to meet customer demands by using Branch Scheduling Tool (BST)
- In cases that have been escalated, refer customers to the
correct department or migrate to a more appropriate, cost-effective
channel, e.g. self-service banking.
- For complaints that have been referred to the incumbent by
subordinates, listen to, empathise with and pacify irate customers by
swiftly resolving their problems/complaints or when this is not possible
referring queries/complaints to the appropriate area and follow up on
referrals to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Ensure workload fit is achieved.
- Lead the Service Express zone team in the provision of excellent service, providing guidance and coaching where necessary.
- Monitor service levels provided and initiate appropriate steps to address any concerns or below standard service.
- Identify and address staff training and development issues.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively
when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with
Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act licence categories.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensure proper record keeping in terms of Financial Advisory and
Intermediary Services Act as well as the Financial Intelligence Centre
Act and National Credit Act requirements.
Key Performance Measures
- Prompt and efficient service, indicated by number of customer complaints in respect of service provided.
- An effective and motivated team – subordinate feedback.
- Queuing times within agreed standards.
- Turn-around times adhered to.
- Compliance with procedures.
- Accurate documentation.
- Positive findings of Internal Audit and compliance reports.
- Achievement of Sales Budgets that have been set for staff in the Express Service zone.
- Build and maintain successful relationships with new and existing customers
- Build and maintain good working relationships with frontline and
sales staff, other team leaders and management within the branch and in
other business units in order to ensure smooth resolution of customer
queries and referrals.
Problem Solving, Planning and Decision Making:
- Deal with a wide range of queries from customers taking into
account the customers requirements as well as the bank’s operational
- Problems tend to be operational issues that do not have set
solutions and have been referred by either the Service Consultant or the
Express Enquiries Officers, they typically require substantial work
experience and knowledge to find the correct solution.
- In the case of complaints or difficult situations that are not
clear-cut, incumbent recommends appropriate action to management, taking
the individual customer history and circumstances into account.
- Works within laid down policy, procedures, system parameters and internal controls.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree holder from a recognized University( 2.2 minimum).
- 2 to 3 years branch banking experience, which includes exposure to customer service areas.
- 1 to 2 years experience leading a team would be an advantage.
- Knowledge/Technical Skills/Expertise
Knowledge, Experience and Personal Competencies
- Financial Services related qualifications and experience as
determined by the “Fit and Proper Requirements” of the Financial
Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products and services offered, and the systems and procedures underpinning them.
- Understanding of the products offered by other Standard Bank Group Companies.
- Knowledge of the functions of the different job roles in the branch.
- Understanding of service and sales initiatives
- Sound knowledge of laid down procedures and policies.
- Excellent knowledge of Self-Service Banking (ATM’s, Internet, Telephone and Cell Phone Banking).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Customer Service principles and how to apply them.
- Knowledge of the functions and activities of other departments and support entities.
- Knowledge of how to motivate, coach, develop and lead a team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 16th June, 2017.