Terragon Group – We pride ourselves as a new Media business focused on
Africa. We have built a strong competence across the new media
ecosystem comprising mobile, online and content. Within digital we
understand the interplay between content and platform and we have
business verticals that
deliver on both components of the digital
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Value Added Services (VAS)
- Oversee to ensure effectiveness of partnership managements
- Support the development and management of BTL campaigns for SMS and voice-based content products and services
- Develop forecasting of VAS products and technology capacity
demand and ensure they are provided to Product functions and related
- Translate high-level product concepts to product brief
- Seek out new partnerships with local and international content providers
- Coordinate with related parties to ensure partners (VAS
aggregator(s), strategic partners, content partners, media partners) are
managed with alignment to defined policy, terms and conditions
- Managing relationships with 3rd party content providers, clients and Operators.
- Supervising the operations of the Mobile Content Aggregation Unit.
- Transferring of knowledge, and ensuring the low turnover to team members.
- Secondary resource for the sourcing, and uploading of SMS content on the MTN, Airtel and Etisalat Networks.
- Secondary resource for the Managing of CRBT, and other audio content on MTN, Globacom and Etisalat.
- Manage 3rd party content portal to drive revenue
- Manage end-to-end UAT activities, in relation to internet and text based content and service
- Handle issues related to VAS products to ensure all inquiries,
issues, and complaints are handled according to company’s policy and
- Liaising with the technical department for the IT needs of the unit.
- Formulating and executing of BTL marketing strategies to drive sales of mobile content.
- Secondary resource for the marketing of SMS and caller tune properties.
- Manage the overall development of VAS products strategy, plan,
and road map that drive VAS products revenue and support VAS products
performance for individual and corporate customers.
- Research and analyze new product opportunities / initiatives /
innovation and ensure they are aligned with corporate strategy and
direction to support the achievement of VAS strategy and plan.
- A University Degree in any Social Science, or Business related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in the Mobile Telecommunications sector
- Mobile Content development and marketing experience
- Decisive and intuitive
- A related Post graduate degree/Certification
- Good negotiation/deal closing skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work under pressure, strict timelines and no supervision
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Basic knowledge in all aspects of mobile and VAS marketing
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and comfortable performing demonstrations
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Proficient user of various MS packages
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 20th June, 2017.