Topaz Energy and Marine is a leading oilfield services company providing
marine and engineering solutions to the global energy industry with
primary focus on MENA and the Caspian Sea. Headquartered in Dubai and
with more than 35 years of experience in the Middle East, Topaz
a fleet of approximately 100 offshore support vessels and provides
energy and marine engineering services. Topaz is a wholly owned
subsidiary of Renaissance Services SAOG, a publicly traded company on
the Muscat Securities Market, Oman.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Superintendent
- To manage in the most cost effective and efficient way, the
repairs, maintenance and general upkeep of the vessels under his charge
and to ensure their compliance with all the local and International
rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the Company’s Safety, quality and environmental
management systems are followed and enforced at all times and personally
demonstrate and promote a positive safety culture within the
- Ensure compliance where appropriate with Company Policy and
procedures in accordance with the requirements of the ISM Code and
ISO9001:2008 ISO14001:2004 & ISO18001:2007 Standards
- Work closely with the QHSSE Manager to ensure implementation and
on-going compliance with Company & Client Procedures. Assist with
internal and external audits of vessels owned, managed or operated by
- Undertake regular inspections and presentations on Company owned
and managed vessels as per annual QHSSE Plan, schedule and compile
reports accurately indicating vessels current equipment, machinery,
structural and operational status.
- Carry out Accident/Incident investigation as required and give recommendations for effective close out.
- Responsible for the overall management and technical operations
of the vessels under his responsibility. This includes overseeing the
daily maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey scheduling, onboard
general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking when required.
- Ensure Company owned and managed vessels are operated in a safe,
efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with Class and
- Ensure the assigned vessels are fully operational technically or
otherwise managed accordingly to the management agreement requirements.
- To maintain the classification status of the vessels under his
charge and to ensure that the survey status reports are sent to the
vessels on a monthly basis.
- Support and monitor on-board Planned Preventive Maintenance to
ensure cost effective management and effective implementation of this
- Liaise with the Purchasing department to ensure that purchase requisitions are being tracked and expedited in a timely manner. Report to Operations Manager when delays have the potential to impact on vessels operational capabilities. Ensure minimum spare requirements are met.
- Perform monthly review of logs processes and attend to vessel inspections and submit reports.
- Responsible for the control and updating of the vessel Technical Library (ship’s plans and drawings) as required.
- Ensure IMCA guidelines and “best industry practices” are adhered to at all times.
- Oversee and give input to prepare tender documents including establishing costs/budgets/programs and be part of subsequent bid/tender evaluations
- Contribute to the appraisal and selection of repair yards and technical service providers.
- Ensure that Vessels Planned maintenance system (Engine Dept.) is
being operated and reported in the manner prescribed in the company’s
- Budget responsibility for technical elements of the assigned vessels.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of vessel anchor
handling machinery, winches, cranes and other fixed equipment on board.
- Responsible for overseeing the installation and certification of
3rd party equipment on the vessels, such as Diving, ROV and other
- Liaise with Vessel Masters and Chief Engineers as required and providing technical advice and assistance when necessary.
- Identify and source for technical and operational supplies
required for the vessels and ensure that the rates are most economical.
- Co-ordinate and supervise service repairs, utilizing approved
sub-contractors as required and ensure all such repairs are completed in
a timely and satisfactory manner and within the vessel’s set
- In conjunction with the Regional Technical/Operations Manager
and CTS Fleet Technical Superintendents, assist in the preparation of
individual vessel dockings, survey’s, budgets and plans.
- Ensure all relevant information regarding a vessel repair / docking is updated in the PMS system.
- Liaise with customers on technical and operational matters including vessel performance.
- Carry out appraisals of Chief Engineers on board his vessel at end of their contract.
- Maintain high technical knowledge and ensure personal development through training and self-development.
- Undertake any other Technical related assignments as and when required.
- Participate in annual review and evaluate projects to determine
success and how improvements can be made in the future report and
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Engineering degree/diploma in mechanics/electromechanical engineering
- Minimum 2-3 shore experience in a similar position or 2+ years sea-going work experience as Chief Engineer.
- Experience on AHTS / Offshore Supply / Offshore Tug / Dive Support Vessels / PSV or Construction Vessels.
- DP vessel experience will be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of Planned Maintenance System or Project Management Software
- Computer literacy with good knowledge of Microsoft office incl. MS Projects and CAD
- Excellent qualitative, quantitative analytic and problem solving skills.
- STCW Certificates must be valid at all times
- Familiarity with ISM / ISPS is a must
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply