Marriott International is a leading global Lodging
company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100
properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14
billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root
beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J.
Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or
franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been
consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business
ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty
program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which
together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bar Supervisor
Job Number: 17000J7W
Location: Ikeja – Lagos
Job Category: Food and Beverage Services
Position Type: Non-Management/Hourly
- You were always one of those curious kids who opened every
cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask “why” when
given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every
experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your
neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a
travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place.
- You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way
with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it’s a
place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s
why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff, and rectify any deficiencies.
- Communicate with guests, other employees, and/or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
- Ensure staff is working together as a team. Monitor dining rooms
for seating availability, service, safety, and well being of guests.
Complete work orders for maintenance repairs.
- Complete scheduled inventories of supplies, food, and liquor.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and
procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to
manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and
professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and
protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company
standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and thank
guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Check stock and requisition necessary supplies.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies,
obtaining change required for expected business level, and keeping bank
secure at all times.
- Communicate last call at designated closing time.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
- Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of
disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal,
state or local laws.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply