S&S Hotels and Suites, remain the hotel of choice for the business
traveler who requires a convenient central location offering a welcome
haven that feels like a second home and the unrivalled services
personified by the warmth and dedication of our staff, as well as the
discerning leisure traveler
seeking the captivating dining and limitless
nightlife destinations within walking distance of the hotel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- Strong inventory & Category management
- Knowledge of ERP systems is required
- Microsoft NAVEvaluating purchase orders and verifying specifications of purchase orders
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and execute time sensitive deadlines
- Must be punctual, organized, motivated and detail oriented, multitasking
- Compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, and performance management.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to
personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training,
grievances, performance evaluations, and Classifications.
- Interpret and provide guidance and instruction to the office team on HR processes, policies, workflow, and work unit priorities.
- Provide employees with information about policies, job duties,
working conditions, wages and opportunities for promotion and employee
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling
questions, interpreting and administering contracts, and helping to
resolve work related problems.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- When needed, contract with vendors to provide employee
services, such as background verification, health and life insurance,
- Assist the office team with understanding and using the Performance Evaluation System.
- Provide oversight to the work performed by the driver and
cleaner and ensure their duties are carried out in a timely and
- Mediate conflict, grievances, and harassment cases.
- In consultation with the Human Resources & Administration Manager, will make decisions on HR issues.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field is required.
- Three years minimum of HR experience in a high volume, complex environment is required.
- Experience in sourcing, recruiting, and interviewing professional and management candidates is required.
- Experience in developing and implementing programs across
complex organizations with software and systems related to sourcing and
management of candidates is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Considerable knowledge of local employment law is a plus.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria.
- Deliver excellent customer service, at all times, ensuring guests comfort and safety
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail
- Assist in keeping the hotel clean and tidy, at all times
- Deal with customer complaints in a professional manner
- Keep up to date with current promotions and hotel pricing, to
provide information to guests, on request, while maximizing bedroom
- Manage and maintain the administration of all reservations, cancellations and no-shows, in line with company policy
- Propose and implement effective marketing strategies to
maximise room occupancy levels Complete all daily administration tasks
- Ensure that all bedrooms/conference rooms and areas under your
responsibility are checked thoroughly at the end of every shift,
confirming that they meet required standard
- Monitor and oversee maintenance issues relevant to your area and liaise with third-party contractors as required
- Be accountable for all relevant product delivery and stock
management (mainly, laundry, cleaning materials and bedroom supplies),
including setting stock levels, checking, counting, storage,
reconciliation and loss investigation
- Manage and maintain effective and efficient use of all reception equipment and hotel systems, in line with company policy
- Provide reports, as required, for hotel management
- Maintain effective communication with employees and other stake holders
- Complete roasters for your team weekly; manage and maintain correct staffing levels in line with targets and business levels
- Ensure that all members of the team sign in/out on the time
sheets at reception and manage absence and lateness, in line with
- Complete all required health and safety/fire checks on time
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Carry out instructions given by the management team and head office
- Minimum of HND in any related field
- Ability to manage employees in a work place
- 1-5 years of experience in hotel management is required
- Age: 25 and 35 years
- Responsible for the safe and healthy production of quality foods and drinks
- He/She should also be able to modify recipes to deliver new and dynamic concepts.
- Modify existing products and processes and develop new ones
- Check and improve safety and quality control procedures
- Preparing product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products
- Deal with any customer complaint investigations or product issues
- Should be graduates of any Food/Nutrition related course
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Do not call; qualified candidates will be contacted after CV review
Application Deadline 30th June, 2017.