Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Officer
Reports To: HR Manager
Band: D2 National
Duration: 5months contract with possibility of extension
- To enable the smooth running of Programme operations through efficient administrative support and service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the recruitment of national staff for Nigeria response and ensure that the recruitment’s take place on time and Oxfam standards have been applied for such practices/processes.
- Timely and professional communication of progress on recruitment to managers and taking responsibility for all national recruitment actions on behalf of managers or ensuring managers are aware of required actions.
- Provide support in issuing offer letters and contracts.
- Ensuring well-balanced gender equity and equality within the area of work, particularly in recruitment/selection and challenge any non-compliance to Oxfam’s strategies and norms.
- Ensure that personnel files are open and accurate for all new recruited staffs et electronic filing is completed accordingly.
- Ensure all interview plan, communication to candidates, and invitation of panel members and booking of interview rooms are done on time.
- Timely communication to successful candidates and reference check.
- Ensure that all employment contract templates are updated, in line with the local labour law and Oxfam GB’s policy.
- Effective and timely monitoring of dates relating to Probationary Periods, and end of contracts etc
- Ensure effective pay processing through submission of the monthly payroll data and liaison with Human Resources Manager.
- Facilitate and promote pick up and go kits.
- Keep updated the individual files and ensure that information is shared with relevant departments and offices.
- Effective co-ordination of the leavers process, ensuring that staff have exit interviews, final payments are agreed and processed, equipment returned etc.
Performance Management and Health and Safety:
- Support in ensuring that employee medical records are up to date and that arrangements are facilitated if necessary for any medical treatment that is required.
- Ensure that Oxfam GB’s performance management system is in place in Country, providing training for line managers on elements of this (objective setting / performance reviews) as required.
- Keep track of all internal and external relevant learning opportunities and keep the Line Manager in the loop for better HR planning.
- Ensure that performance management activities are completed on schedule, and regular one-to-ones between staff and managers are taking place across the programme
- Support in ensuring that the medical expenses policy is cost effective and meets staff and organisational needs, and that expenses are managed effectively.
- Ensure that absence (including annual leave and sick leave) is proactively managed
- Monitor staff welfare and health, including balances of annual leave and rates of sickness absence, providing reports to the HR Manager as required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email their Application letters and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment in English to: email@example.com with the position title as the subject of your email.
- Candidate must be available and willing to commence work immediately.
- Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Oxfam is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc
Application Deadline 16th August, 2017.