The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Transport and Maintenance Assistant
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with the Senior Transport and Maintenance Officer to design a suitably staffed and equipped transport function to support the IRC’s vehicle operations and policies.
- Be accountable for the vehicle fleet, ordering and inventory management of all vehicle related parts and consumables, including fuel.
- Signing on vehicle fuel forms for refueling and keeping accurate record and monitoring system on fuel consumption.
- Work with the Senior Transport and Maintenance Officer to ensure that vehicles are prepared for routine and emergency security requirements.
- Ensure that all vehicles are secured when not in use.
- Check and inspect all the rented vehicle have the minimum requirement in place.
- Manage and monitor drivers.
- Supervision of IRC mechanics and general management of vehicle spare part stores and garage.
- Assist the Senior Transport and Maintenance Officer in Managing the vehicle pool.
- Ensure the correct and timely routine maintenance and repair of vehicles, generators and other IRC equipment.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Inspect and record condition of vehicles, by maintaining weekly checklists file and ensuring that Vehicles log books are accurately filled.
- Ensure all vehicles are properly cleaned on daily basis.
- Collects log sheets and ensure it is properly filled.
- Assist the Senior Transport and Maintenance officer in planning weekly and monthly report on transport and Maintenance department and discuss with Senior Supply Chain Manager.
- Manage all maintenance activities at IRC office and guesthouses including but not limited to Air conditioners, Water facility, Electricity and Generator under the supervision of the Senior Transport and maintenance Officer.
- Be familiar with local regulations / laws.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist the Senior Transport and Maintenance Officer to provide on-time, standard monthly reports, including fuel consumption report, maintenance report and any other reports requested by Supervisor.
- Assist the Senior Transport and Maintenance Officer to ensure all IRC Office and Guesthouse required maintenance and repairs are done and on time.
- Assist the Senior Transport and Maintenance Officer to maintained fleet and good filing system for all vehicles.
- Generate and / or maintain comprehensive price list for spare parts.
- Assist the Senior Transport and Maintenance Officer to ensure all the rented vehicles are in good condition at all time.
- Knowledge of generic transport and maintenance procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Familiarity with northeastern State route.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets.
- Three years work experience in Transport or Maintenance, at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Holder of a valid driving license
- Competent in spoken and written English.
- Mechanical background is a plus
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- The position will work in the Yola Field Office. The program site in Northern Nigeria. The security level 3 – orange
- Monthly salary, 13th month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to “The Country Director, International Rescue Committee” by e-mail to: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org
Hand delivered application should be sent only to the IRC field office in Yola, Adamawa.
Application Deadline 26th November, 2017