Fahrenheit Hospitality Limited (FHL) is a Fresh Innovative Hospitality Solutions Company that focuses on TURN KEY Hospitality Project Management providing solutions and services for the hospitality industry.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Front Office Agent
Reports to: Front office manager
- Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay.
- Verifies the guest’s method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures.
- Determinate’s a guest’s reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay.
- Helps guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Places guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
- File room keys ( only for manual room key hotels)
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out’s, currency exchange,
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early chek-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out’s , Foreign currency exchange etc.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.Courier Mail Register
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
- Minimum of OND certification.
- Must speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Must be able to speak and understand the primary language used by the guests who visits the hotel.
- Previous hotel-related experience desired.
- Must have worked with opera front office software.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject of the mail as the position applied for.
Application Deadline 16th December, 2017.