Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) – Founded in 2009, PLAC is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit capacity building organization that works to strengthen democratic governance and citizens’ participation in Nigeria. Through broad-based technical assistance and training, PLAC works to promote citizens’ engagement with government institutions and to advocate for legal and policy reforms and promote transparency and accountability in policy and decision-making processes.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Legislative Internship Programme
Location: Abuja, FCT
Duration: January – March, 2018
- We are implementing a 5-week long internship programme for young Nigerians who wish to gain knowledge of legislative practices and processes.
- At least, a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Good writing and speaking skills
- Good computer skills (Microsoft office packages)
- PLAC will support interns with weekly stipends to cover transportation costs within Abuja and lunch for the duration.
- Other logistics expenses will be borne by the intern.
- It is advised that prospective interns be able to reside within Abuja or bear the cost of residing in Abuja throughout the duration of the internship as PLAC will not provide accommodation for interns.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a two-page Resume or Curriculum Vitae (MS – Word format) saved in your name and a 300-word “Statement of Interest/Purpose” indicating the importance of your participation in this programme to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Statement of Interest/Purpose should be sent as an in-line text on the body of the email and NOT sent as an attachment
- Applications sent after the closing date shall not be entertained
Application Deadline 19th January, 2018.