The Project aims to address these issues through development activities which is designed to boost the capacity of partners in six focal states to serve the public interest through greater editorial and financial independence and professionalism while adhering to international standards of news reporting and programme making.
Job Title: Project Manager
The Project Manager who should have experience working with the as well as experience in Governance and Peace related issues will take the lead and provide technical direction in line with the execution and implementation policies of the WST and donor requirements.
The Project Manager post is Abuja based but may involve constant traveling across Nigeria. The contract duration is for one year with a start date in October 2011. Salary will be based on experience.
Skills/Knowledge/Experience for the Vacancy
• Strong experience in project management, minimum of 3 years working experience specifically in the management and implementation of donor funded .
• Experience working within the media and thorough understanding of best practices in project implementation and media training.
• Experience of operating effectively in difficult, sensitive and often fluid environments.
• Experience in networking and relationship building.
• Experience in the management of will be an advantage.
• Proven ability to analyse and critically evaluate editorial content, identifying strengths and weaknesses in programme content and driving constant improvement in output.
• Possess strong oral, written communication and presentation skills.
Job Vacancy Qualification
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in humanities, social sciences or any related field (A master’s degree will be an advantage)
How to apply
Interested candidates should please send in their application with an introduction letter stating capability and motivation on why they like the job, a detailed curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional referees (including their telephone, fax and email addresses) to the Head of HR/Administration, World Trust, Nigeria (word document please) email address: .
Vacancy deadline: not later than 16th August 2001
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 1 8th August 201 1