Nestoil Plc Job Vacancy for a Company Secretary,June-July 2012
Nestoil is a leading indigenous oil & gas EPC solution provider in Nigeria with an unstoppable quest for global outreach. Constantly striving to achieve and maintain excellence in highly challenging Engineering, Procurement and Construction environments,
where oil and gas activities may be found, and relies on people like you with the drive and tenacity for nothing less than the best.
Current Vacancy exists for the Position of Company Secretary
Job Title: Company Secretary
Job ID: 025
The Company Secretary will be responsible for all the organization’s secretarial, legal and governance matters within the Obijackson Group,and act as a point of communication between the Board of Directors, the Company and the Shareholders .
Key Result Areas Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Company Meetings Management and Due Diligence
- Gathering all reports, documents and correspondence, which are likely to be needed at the meeting and arranging them in order of business in conformity with the agenda.
- Taking notes, recording all vital points and instructions decided in the meeting, and rendering assistance /advice to the Chairman when necessary.
- Sending copies of the minutes to appropriate persons.
- Summon meetings at the instance of the Board of Directors by issuing notices to all those who are entitled to receive them.
- Preparation of the agenda in consultation with the Chairman, providing the particulars for, or preparing the outline of any speech to be delivered by the Chairman.
- Advise the company on complying with the applicable rules and regulations.
- File all necessary returns, such as special resolutions, annual list, and return of allotments.
- Compile and file all statutory returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission
- Maintain the registers and other statutory records.
- Render proper returns and give notifications required to be given to the Corporate Affairs Commission
- Act as a bridge between the board and the shareholders.
- Act as an intermediary between the company and the public
Ensures the proper custody of the statutory and other books of the company, such as register of charges and account books, register and index of members, register of Directors and Secretaries.
- BL, Minimum of 2.2 in Law, ICSAN professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years post call in a similar role
- Must Have (apart from the above):
- Analytical thinking
- Team player with excellent personnel management skills
- Strong communications skills
- Concern for order, quality and accuracy
- Organizational awareness
- Must be computer literate.
Method of application
Application Deadline 13th July, 2012