Accounting Job Vacancy in an NGO,October-November 2012
The Maternal Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) initiative is a 5-year aid programme which operates alongside the PRRINN programme that focuses on strengthening routine immunization in four Northern Nigerian States.
The MNCH programme aims to address the unacceptable high rates maternal and newborn morbidity and mortality in selected Northern Nigerian States. This programme is funded by the Norwegian government in partnership with the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and is operated by a consortium of three, organizations, namely: Health Partners International UK, Save the Children, UK and GRID Consulting Nigeria.
The joint programme collaborates with stakeholders in the health sector as well as civil societies to provide quantifiable improvements to the PHC systems in Northern Nigeria. PRRINN/MNCH is managed by a team of internationally recruited professionals. Its programme activities are carried out in Jigawa, Katsina, Yobe and Zamfara with coordination from the programme head office in Kano. The programme seeks to recruit a qualified professional to fill the vacant position as identified below:
Job Title: State Accountant
- The ideal candidate will provide financial and accounting support to the office at the State levels.
- This person will operate an effective cash management system, manage and monitor all office running costs including petty cash disbursements and prepare monthly and annual financial reports to the STM.
- S/he will report directly to the State Team Manager for costing and disbursement of funds for programme activities; and to the Finance and Admin Manager for general coordination of programme funds from the states.
- Candidates applying for this job must have a minimum of a first degree or its equivalent in accounting, finance or any related disciplines
- Previous experience in a similar role and in a donor funded environment will be an added advantage.
- S/he must have a minimum of 3 years hands- on experience in accounting or auditing in any organization.
- A strong knowledge and hands-on use of Microsoft spreadsheet (Ms. Excel) and other computerized accounting soft-wares is essential for this position.
- S/he must have good communication skills.
Terms of Employment
These appointments will be for a short term contract up to six months. The programme offers highly competitive salary packages. However, local terms and conditions are applicable.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit an application and updated Cvs to include contact mobile numbers and email address to: ,
Or through the link on our website at: www.gridconsulting.net.
Interviews will commence after the closing date with a view to successful candidates commencing work immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Application Deadline 2nd November, 2012