The Partnership for Transforming Health Systems 2 (PATHS 2), a DFID funded programme in Nigeria, aims to improve the planning, financing and delivery of sustainable and replicable Pro-poor health services for common health problems, focusing on six states and the federal government.
PATHS 2 is recruiting qualified professional staff to fill positions based in, Abuja, Enugu and Jigawa.
1.) Health management Information Systems (HMIS) Advisor
- The Job holder will provide direction, leadership, and on-going assessment of the project’s health information system components.
- Also provide technical assistance on the improvement and use of quality and complete health information. Provide technical assistance in the assessment of state health information systems and in the development, implantation of strategic plans for strengthening health information systems and to state level technical teams in the field of health information systems.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of all required technical reporting and deliverables for the health information system component of the project. As a member of the central level technical team for PATHS2, participate in annual reviews and project planning
- S/he will direct implementation of health information activities at both federal and state levels, and ensure the achievement of expected outcomes.
- Masters Degree (minimum), or a PhD (desirable), in Public Health, Information Systems, or other relevant field.
- Three or more years of international project experience, preferably in Nigeria. Health information systems export (routine and population-based).
- Experience with DFID a plus. Experience in policy reform and implementation. Excellent writing, computer, management and organizational skills.
- 8 years of relevant professional experience (or 6 years with a PhD) in Public Health, Health Information Systems, or other relevant field.
2.) Programme Assistant
- S/he will also coordinate on arrangements for travel undertaken by team members, consultants or colleagues from PATHS 2 HQ.
- Assist with information research and data assembly for presentations or reports made by team members, follow up with state offices on development and submission of work plans and other planning and reporting documents as required.
- S/he will assist Program Management staff with responding to administrative and programmatic requests from Headquarters, donors, state offices and other PATHS 2 team members, assist with. planning technical assistance visits, workshops, and meetings.
- Should have a minimum of one to Three years work experience in the development sector with excellent programmatic and administrative skills.
- An advanced degree is preferred in health, communications or other relevant field.
- Proficiency in a wide range of software packages, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
3.) Human Resources for Health (HRH) Development Officer
- The job holder will provide guidance and oversight of HRH supported activities in the state. In addition, provide technical strategic support to the Ministry of Healths Human Resources.
- S/he will ensure technical support to the state HRH steering committee and ensure it is effective and operational.
- S/he will strengthen the capacity of training institutions to scale up the production of a critical mass of quality, multipurpose, multi skilled, gender sensitive and mid- level health workers Maintain and manage data registers regarding the number and distribution of health workers in the state, develop analytical ways to use data to guide efforts to alleviate the HRH crisis in Jigawa state, and promote data-based decision-making within the Ministry of Health.
- Coordinate- in collaboration with the Service Integration Officer- the implementation and monitoring of the Emergency Recruitment Plan of doctors, midwives and other Health Workers recruited to work in cluster facilities.
- Conduct supportive supervision and mentoring of MNCH staff and locum consultants posted in cluster facilities.
- Provide technical support to the college of Nursing and Midwifery as well as to the School of Health technology to meet accreditation criteria and maintain accreditation status; in addition to producing qualitative and adequate number of trained HW as projected by the state HRH strategic plan.
- Post graduate Diploma in Medicine or MPH in Public Health, Health Management, or related field.
- Six years of professional experience in clinical services, health systems strengthening or capacity building programs. Strong quantitative research skills are required. Specific experience in design, evaluation and implementation of innovative strategies in health systems strengthening. Significant experience in developing and managing program strategies, with demonstrated skills in the technical side of program implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- A dedicated team player with strong interpersonal, results-oriented, and decision making skills. Excellent skills in coordination, facilitation, presentation, and both oral and written communications.
4.) Health Financing Officer
- The job holder will work in close collaboration with PATHS2 Healthcare Financing (HCF) Technical Lead to design, implement and monitor state specific HCF activities as per the state priorities but in line with the overall PATHS2 HCF strategy.
- S/he wilt also participate in the mentoring of state SMOH counterparts as maybe required by the State Commissioner of Health/relevant Director and approved by the State Team Leader
- S/he will ensure that the state HCF strategic approach is in support of the state service delivery strategy and implementation plans.
- S/he will produce written concepts, proposals (with budgets), and position papers on State Programme HCF that are integrated with overall state programme and in line with improved health service delivery.
- Masters Degree in Health Economics, Public Health with specific HCF Modules, Economics, MBA, or other relevant Health System Strengthening studies
- Six (6) years of professional experience in health economics, economic evaluation, health systems strengthening or capacity building programs.
5.) Office Assistant
- Will perform routine maintenance tasks around the office. Also check and replenish stock.
- S/he will serve as the Initial point of contact for the program administrative and logistical operations.
- In addition, perform general clerical duties, such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, mailing, and filing. Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems for the office.
- Secondary School completion (minimum) or a Bachelors Degree (desirable)
- Two years experience in office assistance or other relevant work.
How to Apply
To be considered for any of the listed positions, an applicant must submit his/her CV and an application letter that provide details of the applicant’s qualifications for the desired position to:
In the subject line of the email, write the specific job title and location (Abuja, Kano and Jigawa) of the position you wish to apply for.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Application Deadline 6th November, 2012