The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the positions below. These positions are funded by African Development Bank (AfDB) under the Support to Agricultural Research for Development of Strategic Crops in Africa (SARD-SC).
IITA is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchor on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to eliminate hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from Agriculture.
We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. Please visit http://www.iita.org for more information on IITA.
The following job vacancies exist:
- Agribusiness Coordinator (Ref: DDG-R4D/ABC/05/13)
- Communication Officer (Ref: HTD/CO/04/13)
- Equipment Operator (Water Treatment Plant)
- Mechanic III (Water Treatment Plant)
- Laboratory Analyst (2 year renewable contract)
- Program Administrative Officer (2-year renewable contract)
- Field Assistant / Driver (2 year renewable contract)
- Accounting Assistant (2 year renewable contract)
- Research Associate (Socio-Economics)
- Research Associate – Maize Breeding – 2 year renewable contract (2 positions)
- Research Technician – 2 year renewable contract (2 positions)
- Assistant Admin Officer – 2 year renewable contract (2 positions)
- Research Supervisor – 2 year renewable contract (3 position)
- Country Project Supervisor (2 year renewable contract)
- Postdoctoral Fellow – Cowpea – (Ref: R4D/PDF/CP/05/13)
- Nursery Teacher (2-year renewable contract)
- Teacher G7 (2-year renewable contract)
- Teacher G8 (2-year renewable contract)
REMUNERATION: We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers .
Closing Dale: 30th May, 2013