Basic Function of the Position:
Incumbent acts as a full NIV Team member, performing difficult and responsible clerical and related work, pertaining to the full range of non –immigrant Visa services. The incumbent performs relevant clerical duties involved in the delivering of Visa services within the non-immigrant Visa Unit of the Consular Section, in accordance with Unit Standard Operating procedures and established visa processing guidelines.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- A University degree in one of the following: Art, Business Administration, Communication, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Foreign Language, History, International Relations, International Affairs, Literature, Liberal Arts, Political Science, Psychology, Social Science, Pure Science or Sociology is required.
- The incumbent should have a general knowledge of U.S. Embassy and Consular Section functions.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Minimum of six (6) months clerical work experience in a busy office environment is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading in English is required.
- Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading in Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
OR –Ordinarily Resident – N2,250,420p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
How To Apply
- Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
Submit application to:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: [email protected]
- All ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
- All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
Application Deadline 28th May, 2013