The International Labour Organization (ILO) is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity. Today, the ILO helps advance the creation of decent work and the economic and working conditions that
give working people and business people a stake in lasting peace, prosperity and progress. Its tripartite structure provides a unique platform for promoting decent work for all women and men. Its main aims are to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
The ILO Office in Abuja covers Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone and the Gambia and Liaison for ECOWAS and provides technical and advisory services to the ILO Constituents (Government, Workers and Employers’ Organizations) in these countries.
ILO is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Programme Officer: NOB
- Support the office in the development of quality Decent Work Country Programmes (DWCPs), OBWs and projects in the countries within its geographical mandate; this include reviewing and analysing country specific development plans and priorities, socioeconomic data, reports and other relevant information; draft programmeproject and budget proposals, country strategy papers, project reviews and evaluations; and identify potential technical cooperation project areas and provide written analysis on the findings to management.
- Contribute to and prepare briefs for to the briefing ILO Specialists, project experts, associate experts and visiting officials and provide relevant information on programme matters.
- Participate in the organization of conferences, seminars, workshop, training sessions and meetings as designated.
- Undertaking any other duties that may be assigned by the Director of the ILO office or the International Programme Officer.
- Provide technical support in setting up functional M&E systems for DWCP (formulation of clear results, M&E plans, mechanisms for data collection including use of appropriate tools and techniques) and prepare and implement (when approved by the director) the office evaluation plan.
- Monitor progress of DWCPs, OBWs, TC programmes, projects and activities by preparing, reviewing, verifying and analyzing work-plans, progress reports, final reports and other data and prepare and submit recommendations.
- Coordinate the programming, budgeting and implementation of activities for the ILO Offices in the countries within its geographical mandate.
- Excellent knowledge of programming and budgeting, project formulation, administration and monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of the role and operations of UN system activities for development. Knowledge of Africa and the ILO’s Decent Work Agenda would be an advantage.
- Regional and Sub-Regional working experience with ILO’s tripartite Constituents, knowledge of ILO’s financial rules and regulations, working experience with relevant international and national NGOs would certainly be an advantage.
- First Level degree and a recognized professional qualification in Economics, Business/ Public Administration, Social Science or other related field or equivalent.experience.
- A Masters or Ph.El degree in Economics, Business /Public administration, Social Sciences or other related field would be an added advantage.
- At least five years of professional experience at the national or sub regional level in programme development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and/ or project management.
- Excellent command of English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
Note: ILO is an equal opportunity organization. We therefore encourage applications from both men and women.
Application Deadline 1st August, 2013
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!