The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa.
We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian nationals for the position below at its Headquarters in Ibadan.
Job Title: Audit Trainee
Duration: (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
- Support/carry out audit reviews of assigned areas in administration, research and stations
- Observe the performance of tasks and activities and report on observations.
- Prepare Draft Reports on activities of transactions reviewed
- Carry out any other work as may be assigned by unit Head.
- Review of transaction records for validity and accuracy.
- Ensure documents processed are genuine, reasonable and complies with Management policy.
- Carry out physical counts of stock items.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc/HND in any discipline, ICAN PE I would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in a related role of a large organization is required.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to demonstrate evidence of continuous learning;
- Possess inquisitive mind and good interactive skills;
- Demonstrate ability to read, understand and audit for compliance with donor agreement.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft Word format. The curriculum Vitae must also include names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package to IITA Website
Click here for more details on job
Application Deadline 30th August, 2013