The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the positions of Human Resources Clerks in the Human Resources Office.
Position Title: Human Resources Clerk – FSN-05/FP-09**
(Position will be filled at the FSN-05 level with promotion to target grade of FSN-06/FP-08 after one year of satisfactory performance.)
Basic Function of the Position:
This position assists with local employee recruitment and also assists with the provision of employee services to serviced sections and agencies. The incumbent assists with training and presentation to larger audiences comprising of both local hires and American supervisors. S/he also assists with various Human Resources programs and performs assigned administrative duties, including maintenance of subject files. S/he will also assist with the preparation of reports on various Human Resources issues.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- A University degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences or Business is required.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel packages
- Level III typing ability (minimum of 40 WPM) is required.
- At least six (6) months experience in general office administration work requiring customer service in a medium sized organization is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking /Reading English language is required.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs
- Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
Salary: Or – Ordinarily Resident–N1,948,552 p.a. (Starting basic salary); Position Grade: FSN-05
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$32,282 EFM/MOH – US$27,705, (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-09
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Application Deadline 7th May, 2014