Our client is a four-star hotel based in Lagos, offering quality accommodation, exceptional customer service, and is equally committed to providing superior comfort and convenience to its customers.
In line with our Client’s decision to ensure key roles are filled by suitably qualified candidates who have hands-on experience with implementing leading practice financial management processes, the Company is looking for an exceptional individual with proven integrity to fill the Financial Controller role.
Job Title: Financial Controller (WFC – 001)
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be a member of the Executive Committee and will provide leadership to the Finance and Accounts team and oversee all financial management processes such as forecasting and budgeting, revenue management, capital expenditure planning, financial reporting, inventory control, etc.
- Oversee the preparation of the company’s budget and strategic plans based on input from Managers and Shareholders.
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Finance and Accounts department and provide overall leadership and guidance to subordinates.
- Ensure all financial management activities are executed in compliance with the Group’s financial policies, while also ensuring compliance with leading practices as well as relevant statutory requirements.
- Ensure effective data storage and back-up mechanisms within the Company.
- Ensure continuous integrity of all reporting systems.
- Coordinate departmental expenditure review and monitoring in conjunction with Departmental Heads.
- Ensure timely compilation and submission of relevant reports.
- Oversee periodic stock and revenue control procedures.
- Liaise with manage relationship with key stakeholders such as external auditors, financial institutions. relevant regUlatory agencies, third-party services providers. etc.
- Conduct periodic review of trading activities and provide analytical support to identify cost savings and productivity opportunities.
- Prepare forecasts, monthly management accounts and financial reports for the attention of the General Manager as well as for discussions at Board meetings.
- Prepare annual financial statements and complete year-end reporting requirements in accordance with Group policies and statutory requirements.
- Provide technical support to Management on commercial and operational issues relating to taxation, regulatory requirements and capital expenditure decisions.
- Ensure optimal capital expenditure and working capital management and ensure that the Company has sufficient liquidity to meet its medium-term requirements and banking obligations.
- Carry out any other job-related duties as may be requested from management from time to time.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- First degree in accounting or a related discipline.
- Sound knowledge of relevant statutory requirements and tax legislation.
- Sound knowledge of financial management technology platforms within an HospitalityManagement organization.
- Background in hospitality management is essential.
- Professional finance and accounting certification e.g. ICAN, ACCA, etc. is required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience with at least four (4) years experience in a similar control role.
Candidate also must have:
- A high sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong business and commercial acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions.
- Ability to think strategically with a good appreciation for excellent customer service.
- Good communication, interpersonal, leadership and people management skills.
- Good problem solving skills and good attention to detail.
Method of Application
All applications must be submitted on or before Tuesday, 3rd June 2014 and sent by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant job title and code stated in the subject line of the email. Each application must include:
- A cover letter detailing the applicant’s position of interest and detailed contact information.
- Applicant’s updated curriculum vitae.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.