Guiness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness
Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks
business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol &
non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total
Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the
GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force
demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand
building activity. We put the customer at the heart of everything we
do, and through this, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our
brands, categories, customers and partners. Will you partner with us
on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Demand Safety Manager
Reports To: Sales Director / Commercial Development Director
- To protect People, brands and the reputation of the Diageo
Africa Business, processes must operate effectively and efficiently to
ensure adherence to legislation, Diageo’s policies and the Diageo Global
Risk Management Standards. This is in order to satisfy Diageo’s
governance requirements of its operating units.
- Diageo has established a requirement to provide operational risk management support across its Demand locations in Africa.
- This role impacts on sales volumes in supply centres delivering
Net Sales Volume through driving risk management standards and
improvement across the Nigeria Demand offices. The role holder will
drive the roll out of risk management standards across the Demand
locations in Nigeria.
- The role operates in multiple locations across Nigeria, as well
as interacting at a regional and global level with Safety leadership
teams and functions. The role includes ensuring compliance with diverse
regulatory systems and setting and adapting standards as needed.
- Lead and Support the Safety activities across Nigeria’s Demand
business to ensure they embed and sustain a culture of Compliance to all
the Diageo Risk management standards including legal compliance.
- Embed Diageo Standards in all Demand locations in Nigeria, including training required at the locations
- Lead Safety management initiatives through the Demand leadership teams to ensure they are entrenched across all locations.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Proven track record in Safety management
- Influencing without authority
- Change management skills
- NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) Certificate level in Health & Safety or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Inability to prioritise, plan, manage and delegate the workload.
- Failure to convince key stakeholders to prioritise the risk management agenda
- Insufficient drive and resilience to achieve desired results
Flexible Working options:
- The position requires a considerable amount of business travel.
Therefore the incumbent needs to manage the role effectively from a
variety of locations.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should:
Click here to apply online