Guinness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness
Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks
business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol &
non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total
Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC
strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force
demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand
building activity. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do,
and through this, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands,
categories, customers and partners. Will you partner with us on this
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Sales Manager
Reports To: Territory Development Manager
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key
contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective
& flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in
both volume driving & brand building activity
Purpose of Role:
- To support GNPLC’s business objectives through the effective
management of designated sales territory with a focus on high value
outlets including implementation of all sales activities/programmes in
the retail sales territory
- Responsible for the account management and activation of high value outlets and hypermarkets
- To spot sell to fill sales gaps in the outlets (across the entire portfolio) and to pre-sell
- Ensures achievement of QDVPPP sales drivers for Territory
- Manages Recommended Price Compliance in outlets and ensures the retail redistribution standards are adhered to by distributors
- Ensure effective customer/ business development to counter competitive activities in these outlets
- Ensures sales out of distributors/market share growth are
achieved via monitoring the RRS scheme, excellent execution of
promotions. Ensures promotional activity is in the right outlets and
well managed. Has to keep and update a database of outlets within the
- Ensures at a minimum, once a quarter reviews of RSE, SR & VSR routes, inclusion of new outlets.
Has accountability for POS materials, Chillers, Light signs etc deployed in retail outlets within sales territory
- Use of the Intouch PDA as a tool for monitoring and improving
individual Sales Targets, Share of Shelf, Distribution Targets &
- Ensuring that correct and up to date Customer details, Contacts,
Outlet Types, Outlet Segmentation and Call Frequencies are gotten and
sent to the Intouch Team for the purpose of updating the Customer
Information from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Graduate with minimum 2 years commercial expertise gained across Sales / Consumer Marketing or Sales Management.
- High degree of integrity
- Good inter personal skills
- Geographically mobile.
- Healthy and physically fit.
- Direct experience of Diageo Way of selling capabilities with a
focus on Sales Driver execution at the point of purchase (QDVPPP),
Outlet Segmentation and Managing Relationships including structured
call, persuasive selling and brand passion.
- High level awareness of the application of Health & Safety Standards
- Good communication skills –written and verbal
- Good IT skills
Experienced driver with valid license
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Essential to spend time in the Field with customers and consumers-essential to stay in touch with the market and the competition
- Unwillingness to flex schedule to align with business hours of retailers and distributors.
Flexibility Working options:
- Based in a defined geographical area.
- 100% Field Based
How to Apply
Interested candidates should
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!