Guiness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness
Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks
business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol &
non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total
Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC
strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force
demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand
building activity. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do,
and through this, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands,
categories, customers and partners. Will you partner with us on this
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trade Reconciliation Executive
Reports To: Trade Development Manager – Beer
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo. It is number 2 in the
World for Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (FES) and number 1 for FES In
A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective Customer Marketing
team demonstrating industry leadership- translating trade strategy and
brand Game Plans into a world class Commercial plan – winning the
visibility war at the point of purchase and meeting both trade and
The Trade Reconciliation Executive supports the Trade Development Manager in the effective administration of brand budget
b) Market Complexity
- The Trade Reconciliation Executive is to ensure effective
activities tracking, measurement and evaluation are done on time and in
line with GNPLC standards
- Ensures activities are delivered in line with standard time lines and required tools available for the sales force
Purpose of Role
- Deliver Sustainable Competitive advantage for GNPlc by:
- Supporting the Trade Development Manager to drive the GNPLC
commercial agenda; developing strong customer relationship tools that
deliver competitive advantage, deploying strong collaboration with
internal stakeholders and a deep understanding of customer needs in
order to support the Category and Divisional teams toward Brilliant
execution in line with annual KPIs.
- Supporting in enabling Joint Value creation with customers
- Initiate activity tracking, traffic management and measurement
- Collate the quarterly cycle briefs/sales kits development and co-ordinate the deployment processes
- Track trade activity / promo reconciliations
- Support the category and commercial planning teams
- Reconciliations: Activity reconciliations with third party agency, Divisions (tactical) and OTC
- Activity Tracking and Trend Analysis: End to end activity tracking, reporting and evaluation
- Activity Planning: Leads the translation of
portfolio game plans/activity calendars into GNPlc Central Activity
calendar. Ensures activity planning is consistently focused on driving
brilliant execution across activity. Drives the commercial planning
discipline with category teams and all stakeholders.
- Budget Management: Support the work on Advertising & Promotion budget effectiveness and management of Customer Marketing fixed budget.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- A strong track record in field sales
- Understanding of all Diageo Way of Selling Capabilities and
tools. Strong capability and understanding of Insights, Sales Drivers,
Outlet Segmentation and Managing Relationships
- Minimum 2 years field experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Barriers to Success in Role
- Being out of touch with trade, shopper/consumer and field sales due to too much time spent in the office
- Inability to properly identify risks, and plan mitigation steps.
- Inability to collaborate effectively with the category teams and field sales.
- Loss of personal integrity.
Flexible Working Options
- Based at Headquarters in Lagos.
- Head office maximum 75% of time, in trade minimum 25% of the time.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should
Click here to apply