Guiness Nigeria Plc
– We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading
premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage
alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key
contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective
& flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in
both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer
at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver
sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and
partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Packaging Technical Operator
Reports To: Shift Manager, Packaging
Locations: Lagos/Benin Brewery
- Nigeria is currently the world’s third largest market for the Guinness brand and may become the largest in the next five years.
- The Packaging Technical Operators are responsible for operating,
cleaning and maintaining the plant and equipment to meet the increasing
volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner.
- Also responsible for participating in all improvement initiatives and Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) in the department.
Purpose of Role
- To produce Guinness products at customer service levels, quality conformance and with budget.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and
individual/team development skills to optimise overall brewery
improvement and plant performance while adopting safe and professional
approach to all aspects of the role.
- Liaise with other Brewing, Packaging, Production Services and
Maintenance Technicians, Laboratory Technicians, Contractors, Shift
Managers to ensure continuity of reliable and quality production.
- Support other team members and develop positive relationships with colleagues.
Top 3 Accountabilities:
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and
equipment – operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedule,
responding to breakdowns, assessing and monitoring plant performance on
- Adhere to Guinness Nigeria Plc (GNPlc) policy and procedures for safety, health, environment and hygiene.
- Deliver best plant operations by maximising plant availability
and efficiency of operations through execution of Planned Preventative
and Maintenance schedules.
- Significant impact on raw materials, component and utility costs and production, quality, rework and labour cost.
- Key role in operating, cleaning and maintaining plant and
equipment, impacts directly on plant availability, asset life cycle cost
and asset life/replacement frequency.
- The Nigerian beer market is complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus.
- Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery to become the market leader.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 3 years’ experience/competence in operations, maintenance,
process control and performance measurement in a brewery/ drink/food
- Hold an appropriate qualification in Brewing, Packaging,
Engineering or Utilities and/or a nationally recognised technical
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Skill level inadequate to successfully operate and maintain both new and ageing assets and technology.
- Lack of personal flexibility to function in a tightly manned
manufacturing environment with volatile production and sales demand.
- Displacing entrenched practices with a WCM vision and culture.
- Poor inclination to pursue training and development on an individual and team basis or to share and apply new skills acquired.
Flexible Working Options:
- Brewery based
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online