Guinness Nigeria Plc
– We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading
premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage
alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key
contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective
& flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in
both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer
at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver
sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and
partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Locations: Lagos, Benin & Aba
Reports To: Laboratory Technologist
- Nigeria is currently the world’s third largest market for the Guinness brand and may become the largest in the next five years.
- The brewery operations are focused on the three sites, – Ogba,
Benin and Aba, and all sites have quality functions within their
Purpose of Role
- To ensure bench work quality control determination is carried
out in accordance with Guinness Nigeria PLC quality procedures and
specifications for the attainment of high quality products.
- Reports to the budget holder for the quality function within each site as appropriate.
- Work across our business with support from Brand Technical Centre in UK to deliver high quality product to our consumers
- Carry out designated analyses promptly and accurately in line
with GNPLC work procedure and ensure results are well-documented on-line
(UNILAB), notebooks and on-line Kalamazoo and results sent to user
Top 3 Accountabilities
- Determination and reporting of analytical parameters, as
appropriate and as specified. Working within guidelines to ensure that
results are repeatable and aligned to other laboratories on an
- Working with the appropriate parts of the supply function (as
required) to assist them in delivering products of the highest quality
in terms of content and presentation.
- Acting as a member of the Quality team, and displaying the behaviours expected of a strong team player.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- OND or HND in Physical, Chemical or Biological Sciences.
- B.Sc in Physical, Chemical or Biological Sciences
- On the job experience, with minimum of 2 years in a laboratory environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Barriers to Success in Role
- As the business will rely on the quality of the output from the
individual to make business decisions around the quality of its
components and products, lack of a very responsible attitude to work
will be a hindrance to the individual.
- Similarly, a low boredom threshold will be a problem.
- Lack of required speed to respond to changes posed by new
analytical methods and equipment as periodically advised by BTC will
grossly affect the company’s desire to employ WCM practices and
procedures in all her operations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online