Job Title: Management Assistant
Basic Function of the Position
- Serves as the Management Assistant to the Management Officer,
U.S. Consulate General Lagos. The incumbent provides general
administrative and secretarial support to the Management Officer with
routine assignments to the Management Section. Receives direct
supervision from the Management Officer.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection
criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information
supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Two years of University Studies or Associate Degree in Business
Administration, Business Management, or Social Sciences required.
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible secretarial and administrative experience is required.
- Level IV (Fluency) in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong organizational and effective communication skills are required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and
U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs
- Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
Salary: Or–Ordinarily Resident–N4,494,054 p.a. (basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-08
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$45,038 EFM/MOH – US$38,779 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-06
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2014
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards,
copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements
of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Click read full job description