This is to inform the general public that online applications for admission into the 67th Regular Course of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna is now available from today 1st November 2014 to 28th February 2015.
Admission into NDA is open to both Male and Female Nigerians and the application is free. Prospective candidates are required to follow the link on the NDA official website www.nda.edu.ng or log on to the application portal www.ndaappIications.net and complete the online application form as from 1st November 2014.
- The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website/applications portal, as well as in the JAMB Brochure and website.
- All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA website/applications portal.
- Only candidates who meet the JAMB national cut-off mark will be eligible to sit for the NDA Entrance Examination at their Examination Centre of choice.
Examination Date and Requirements
- The examination will be conducted as an entrance examination (similar to Post UTME examination in conventional universities), and is scheduled to hold on Saturday 25 April 2015. Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement form, JAMB result slip two (2) postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photograph to the examination centre on the examination date.
- The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, State, Centre and Signature at the back.
- Only successful candidates at the NDA Entrance Examination will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
Nature and Duration of Training
- Admitted candidates into NDA for the Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a combined honours degree in Military Science and a core discipline (B.Sc, BEng, BA).
- They will equally earn a commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
- Regular Course cadets will train in NDA.
- All aspects of the cadets administration and logistics will be borne by the Federal Government.
- In response to requests from candidates for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a token fee to interested candidates. This can be purchased from the Registry Department, NDA or from designated Examination Centres across the country.
Method of Application
- Interested candidates are advised to go online and complete the application on the websites indicated above.
- Please download and read carefully, the Instructions provided on the website.
- Applicants applying for admission Into NDA must also apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB), carefully select Nigerian Defence Academy as their choice. of university. Such applicants are expected to sit for the JAMB Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME)
Submission of Applications
- Applications should be submitted online.
- On completion of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form.
- Upon release of the JAMB results, candidates should return to the applications portal and download their Examination Admission Card.
- Only candidates who make the JAMB national cut-off mark will have access to print out the Examination Admission Card.