The Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund (WF) was created in 2011 to increase the
representation of women in Nigerian governance at all levels and
address the growing concerns about the gender imbalance in elective and
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programs Officer
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
- The Programs Officer (PO) will contribute to the designing and
implementation of programme-related activities including proposal
writing, grant-making and reporting of projects.
- The PO is expected to work with the Programme Coordinator (PC)
to foster collaboration with other donor agencies in line with the
Strategic Plans of the Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund (WF).
- The PO reports to the PC and will be expected to perform such
other duties as may be directed by the Program Coordinator and the Chief
Executive Officer (CEO) and also participate actively in achieving the
objectives of the WF which is to increase the representation of women in
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Relevant work experience in Developing, Designing and
Implementing programs in the development and civil society sector is a
- Other requirements are good working knowledge and understanding
of logical frameworks; participatory program Monitoring & Evaluation
- Other skills required are good report writing, ability to design
communication plans and develop content for communication around
- Educational background in Gender-related course is preferred but
Social Sciences and relevant experience in women movements is
- Previous experience working in line with grant-making/grant-seeking and gender development is highly desirable.
Key Success Factors
- Strong written and oral communication skills are important.
- Experience with mass communication and desk top publishing
- Relationships in the media, political arena and gender development sector
- Exceptional organisational and managerial skills and
demonstrated experience including the ability to take initiative and
- Ability to understand and navigate cultural and social nuances effectively
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the beliefs and goals of the Women’s Fund,
- Efficient at managing multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines
- Innovative and creative thinking – applied to managing limited resources and problem solving
A competitive package based on experience.
The appointment will be for one year with possibility of renewal. A
probation period of three months will be built into the two-year
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send full CV along with a cover letter outlining relevant experience to: email@example.com Use title of the position in the subject line.
Note: Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 28th November, 2014.