Guinness Nigeria Plc
– We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s
leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of
beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine
& Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key
contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective
& flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership
in both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the
customer at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will
deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers
and partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Credit Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reports To: Finance Manager – Order to Cash
- Guinness Nigeria (GN) is a leading brewer and marketer of
premium alcoholic and malt drinks in Nigeria. It has the vision of being
the Nigeria’s No 1 brewer.
- To achieve the above objective there is need to ensure
visibility of sales proceeds nationwide and put adequate internal
controls in place that will ensure compliance with CARM and efficient
sales accounting and credit controls.
- The Credit Manager will be implementing policies as it relates
to management of trade debtors accounts, credit control policies and
other related sales activities including management and control over
issuance of credit notes.
Purpose – To Ensure:
- Adequate credit is extended to credible customers based on business volume agenda after a proper credit appraisal.
- That the market’s receivables on all due sales invoices are properly and promptly collected as at when due.
- All credit related and other advance journals are well prepared & channeled properly to ABSC
- To ensure compliance with CARM and other controls for efficient credit control.
- Accounting for revenue of about N120 billion per annum for about 423 GN distributors
- Accounting for revenue of about N5 billion per annum for about 67 DBN distributors
- Management of receivables average balance of N17b for GN Distributors pan Nigeria and N2.5b for 67 DBN Distributors pan Nigeria
- Negotiates costs of third party suppliers of goods and services through procurement.
- Liaising with ABSC, Customers, Sales department, Treasury,
Marketing, Procure To Pay (PTP), Record To Report (RTR) teams, Customer
Service and Brewery Finance Managers in all locations to ensure prompt
collection of sales proceeds, accounting for all receivables, proper
management of customers’ accounts, and adequate controls on all
processes around credit control.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators are delivered on the team’s level:
- Appraisal of credit limit proposed for new customer by sales team
- Follow up over debt on key accounts and resolve reconciliation issues
- Produce management reports
- Work within CARM framework
- Monthly review of credit limit in line with sales volume agenda
- Ensure prompt collection of sales proceeds as and when due
- Send customers their account statements as per KPI’s
- Cash collection as per KPI’s.
- Train, coach, motivate and develop skills of the team members;
Train new members or ensure adequately trained; manage individual
performance and conversations with direct reports
- ABSC OTC team, Customers; Finance Team; Supply Chain & Logistics/ Customer Marketing etc.
Continually look for process improvement:
- To drive customer satisfaction and raise service efficiency.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate caliber plus associate membership of a recognized professional Accounting body with relevant work experience
- Excellent coaching and relationship building skills.
- Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook (excel, word and power point).
- Working knowledge in accounting package-SAP
- Good communication skill
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience with proven integrity.
- Ability to take commercial insights and translate into the Organisation & People Agenda.
- Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
- Analytical, interpretative and decision-making skills.
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Lack of Management support for initiatives/ recommendations
- Language and cultural adaptation into different markets leading to inability to manage relationships with varied stakeholders.
Flexible Working options:
- Lagos based
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online