Pact Nigeria seeks for highly experienced and qualified candidates to
fill the vacant positions on a new project. The Strengthening
Accountability & Quality Improvement Project (SAQIP) in Nigeria is
designed to develop the capacity of the Gombe State Primary Health Care
(SPHCDA) and its associated Local Government
Authority (LGA) structures to carry out their mandate to provide quality
maternal neonatal and child health services through public Primary
Health Centers (PHCs), while empowering community structures such as
Ward Development Committees (WDCs) to provide the oversight needed to
ensure delivery of quality health services at PHCs. The project is based
in Gombe, Gombe state with field offices in select local government
The positions below are all based in Local Government Areas in Gombe
State, with the exception of the IT assistant which will be based in
Open to: All qualified candidates
Opening Date: December 16th 2014
Closing Date: December 24th 2014
Station: Gombe LGAs, Gombe State Nigeria
Position: M&E and Learning Assistant
- Supports all M&E functions at LGA level, including data related to LGA Health Teams, PHCs, WDCs and sub-grantees.
- Possession of 2 years of cognate experience in monitoring and
evaluation in an INGO or NGO. Experience working with Civil Society
Organizations and Government partners a strong plus.
- Preference will be given to applicants who speak Hausa and understand the local context.
Position: Office Assistant
- Supports general office functions including logistics, procurement, and maintenance of assets.
- 1-2 years project office assistant experience required. Preference
will be given to applicants who speak Hausa and understand the local
Position: IT Assistant
- Supports trouble shooting with internet, GIS and SMART phone usage. Supports data entry and database creation.
- Sc. in Computer Science, information Technology or its equivalent.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in areas of information
Technology management with a minimum of 1 year in an International NGO.
Position: Finance and Grant Assistant
- Supports all finance and grants functions at LGA level including local procurement and advances to WDCs on sub grants.
- Possession of 2 years of cognate experience in fund accounting in an
INGO or NGO. Experience with accounting standards/practices of
international organization a strong plus.
Position: Institutional Strengthening Officer
- Responsible for ensuring the day to day implementation of capacity
development interventions taking place under the design of the program
and directs organizational and relational capacity development of LGA
Health Teams and WDCs.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in capacity development of CSOs
and/or government partners. Preference will be given to applicants who
speak Hausa and understand the local context
Position: Community Engagement Officer
- Provides support for quality programming at LGA levels.
Communicates, consult and engage with stakeholders to ensure that
initiatives meet policy obligations. Works within the LGA offices to
support outreach with ward development committees (WDCs)
- 3 years demonstrated substantial experience in community engagement.
Preference will be given to applicants who speak Hausa and understand
the local context.
Position: Health System Strengthening Assistant
- Provides daily program support services ensuring high quality,
accuracy and consistency of work to the SPHCDA in coordination with the
- 2 years program support experience required. Preference will be
given to applicants who speak Hausa and understand the local context.
Position: Mother’s Group Assistant
- Serves as a liaison with sub grantees managing mother’s groups. The
Mother’s group assistant provides ongoing mentoring to sub-grantees
managing Mothers Groups, collects data from sub-grantees on Mother’s
groups and enters information into database and analyzes.
- 2 years program support experience in economic empowerment or
strengthening project is required. Preference will be given to
applicants who speak Hausa and understand the local context.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to email@example.com .
The deadline for submission is close of business on Wednesday, the 24th
of December 2014. All CV’s/resume/applications Must be in either word
format or PDF. Applicants must indicate the position applied for on the
Subject of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be