At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread
across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our
expertise in port operations and container management services.
providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world
trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us,
enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even
stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals
you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends
all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating
environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join
APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
Job Title: Cargo Controller
successful candidate will be part of a diverse, learning, competitive
and professional organization, which offers real opportunities for
personal development and in depth insights into the operation of a
modern container terminal.
You will work closely with a
professional team and will gain significant experience to further build
career opportunities with the global organization of APM Terminals
• Monitor vessel schedules and keep abreast of all changes for timely follow up with the lines.
• Pull out the list of empties in the yard size / type and have the same sent to the line 24hrs prior vessel arrival.
• Request for an empty recap for loading per POD / Size / Type and have them linked in the system as per FIFO.
• Ensure that all information for imports are received ( ICD’s / BL ) and linked in the system as per group codes.
• Day to day communication with respect to any queries handled and informed to the lines during the shift.
• Any and all amendments / queries request received from the lines action taken without any delays.
• Upon gates opening, monitor the movements and liaise with the line.
• Upon gates closure, immediately have the intended load list pulled out and sent to the lines for confirmation.
• Follow up for receiving the inbound BAPLIE as per deadlines stipulated.
• Ensure that BAPLIE is uploaded and verified for any discrepancies.
• Performs others duties as required.
Who we are looking for
- Requires a University degree
- Requires at least three years of experience in container terminal operations environment.
- Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills.
- Requires general knowledge of berthing planning process and related documentation.
- Requires knowledge of container vessel stowage and stability criteria.
Approach to work: Works well
independently without close supervision. Adapts to changing priorities
or unexpected situations. Takes ownership of work. Meet daily challenges
with a positive open mind. Strive to improve deadlines for completion
Organizational Focus: Responds to priorities and
keeps informed all the loop of all the changes. Respects internal
information and maintains confidentiality.
Communication: Keeps relevant people informed shares knowledge, ideas and information openly with the organization.
Cost Focused: Demonstrates cost consciousness. Strives to improve constantly cost control.
/ Energy: Generates high volumes of relevant work, able to sustain high
levels of activity. Work with businesslike approach to daily
challenges. Make difference every day at work “No detail too small, no
effort too great”.
Technical / Functional: Demonstrates knowledge
of technical / functional aspects of work. Provides assistance to
others. Good reporting and registration capability. Ability to use the
Terminal Operating System to the maximum.
How to Apply
Interested in this position? To apply, click here
Timely information is key to getting a job. Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!