Guiness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the
world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of
beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine
& Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key
contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective
& flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in
both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer
at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver
sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and
partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Manager
Location: Ogba, Lagos
Reports To: Head of Security
- Nigeria has a “High”security risk rating in major cities due to
widespread violent crimes. Significant threats may develop due to
identified risk all of which pose a threat to operations. Guinness
Nigeria employs more than 1,210 personnel throughout Nigeria, including
expatriates and their families, and receives hundreds of international
Purpose of Role
- To provide a continuous, coordinated and comprehensive security
service, of the highest quality, ensuring that threats to company
personnel, assets and business operations are properly identified,
evaluated and countered in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Financial: The Security Manager oversees an operation that must secure millions of sterling worth of stock and machinery
- Market Complexity: The role will have support responsibility for
a complex range of security services ranging from personnel/travel
security management, physical/facility security, and events security
coordination to investigations wherever these services are required.
- The Head of Security and all GN Heads of Functions.
- The entire Security Team, the HSE team, the Quality, and the Customer Services Team
- The local law enforcement (Police/Military) and all other
government agencies and Security Heads of other international and large
local companies within the country.
- Top management of local guarding, alarm and other security companies
- Location Managers and risk owners on the technical standards of
security and the quality of professional expertise required throughout
the location, including that required for
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in Business Security Management
in a senior level/capacity. A law enforcement background is required.
- Understand the principles involved in the protection of Company
information, including that which is computer based, and the
measures/procedures required to achieve this.
- Ability to provide security input to Business Continuity Plans, Contingency Plans, Disaster Recovery Plans and Evacuation Plans.
- Exposure to formal and informal security trainings in the
required fields: facility security, electronic surveillance,
investigations, personal security programs, supply chain security
- A university degree is desirable with a minimum of 2nd class honours
- Experience in conducting, recording and reporting timely, accurate, detailed and concise written and verbal reports/reviews
- A detailed knowledge of all aspects of physical and electronic
security, specifically: locks, building security, control of access
procedures, perimeter protection, the use of Close Circuit Television
(CCTV) and Intruder Detection Systems (IDS).
- Vast depth in knowledge and experience of the Security field
- Demonstrate understanding of inter and intra-relationships between different functions
- Actively promote and live the Diageo Values and Capabilities
- Advise/Support the Head of Security Location Managers and risk
owners on appropriate security measures so as to ensure that standards
are maintained on an on-going basis
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Inability to employ analytical skills to contemporary problems
- Inability to make “over the horizon” risk/threat assessments
- Absence of networking and external engagement capability
- Lack of personal integrity
Flexible Working Options:
- Fully mobile and available on a 24-hour basis to respond to incidents and crises
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online