FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition,
Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth,
Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Officer
Job ID: 15476
Job Function: Human Resources
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services
(SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality
HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private
sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the AD HR, provide administrative and
technical or program support to Human Resources (HR) Team in functional
areas, including recruitment, employee relations, benefits
administration, compensation, HRIS, and training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the AD HR to develop HR systems in assigned functional
areas, e.g. Orientation Program, Recruitment Program, Benefits Program,
- Assist AD HR with production of deliverables for HR strategy development and initiatives.
- Work with AD HR for development of systems approach to support various HR programs.
- Study and analyze market and data trends and use this
information to formulate, implement, document, and evaluate processes,
systems or programs.
- Review and screen applicants for basic compliance with position
qualifications, summarizes CVs for easier evaluation by the departmental
- Provide specialist employee relations advice and guidance with
particular respect to disciplinary, grievance and absence, to ensure
acceptable levels of individual employee performance.
- Support the effective implementation of all employee welfare
schemes including the Staff Group Life Assurance Scheme, the Health
Insurance scheme and the Pension scheme. Liaise closely with benefits
and pension administrators on behalf of management.
- Assist in coordinating and/or conducting training workshops to
support field offices on such topics as supervisory skills, performance
assessments, effective interviewing, etc.
- Work with the AD HR to ensure day-to-day operations of
HR-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive
- Provide regular briefings to AD on HR matters, including the status of recruitment, training, leave balances, etc.
- Maintain a thorough awareness of developments in labor laws and legislations and advise management accordingly.
- Under the direction of the AD HR, coordinates FHI’s recruitment
process and work with team members to ensure a smooth process flow from
identification of a vacancy to the filling of that vacancy.
- Assist in developing job descriptions and maintaining all job descriptions of staff.
- Ensure conformity with recruitment requirements and compliance with the rules and regulations.
- Coordinate the preparation of vacancy announcements in consultation with the AD HR.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its
recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years of relevant experience. Or MS/MA
degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized
equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Certified member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of related body is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain
compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong knowledge in salary structure and development, benefits
and compensation, surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human
Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g.
Nigerian labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them
to FHI Nigeria.
- Ability to intervene with all levels of staff, representatives
of donors and collaborating agencies, individuals from diverse
cultures, and the public with diplomacy and firmness.
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It
neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to
carry out these duties.
- This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment.
- Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online