Guiness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the
world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection
of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine
& Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key
contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective
& flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in
both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the
customer at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will
deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers
and partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Head of Media and Marketing Communications (IMC)
Type of Job: Full Time – Exempt
Reports To: Marketing and Innovations Director
- The Head of Media is tasked with optimizing media and marketing
communications across all brands and channels to contribute to meeting
key marketing and business objectives.
- The successful candidate will play a leading role in driving
global “best practice” in media planning and integrated marketing
execution, and be a key contributor to brand activities in the
marketplace through cutting-edge integrated marketing communications
(IMC), ideas and deployment.
Purpose of Role
- Support the Marketing Team in providing media leadership based
on consumer media lifestyle insight, media insights and brands’
- Provide information and that that will aid the delivery of
strategic media management decisions that will translate into market
leadership for respective brands.
- Develop, evolve and improve media/marketing communication
processes and procedures for efficient and effective communication plan
development across the portfolio.
- Manage the Media/Digital and other communication Agencies to
provide best in class strategic thinking and thought leadership that
will drive business results.
- Support & direct brand teams as they develop media briefs and allocate resources across channels
- Set strategic direction for media campaigns. Strong strategic & thought leadership
- Develop new capabilities within the media team on the Agency side and particularly in new/digital media
- Identify and deploy unconventional media opportunities and big bets that rapidly grow brand equity
- Develop value based relationships within the media opportunities and big bets that rapidly grow brand equity
- Develop value based relationships within the media industry –
Media Houses, Monitoring Agency and Government regulatory bodies
- Media/Digital Agency management – Goal/Objective setting and periodic Agency evaluation.
- Provide guidance & support to global media community on
periodic data requests in the following areas-Communication evaluation,
post campaign evaluation, competitive reporting etc
- Initiate & lead media projects resulting in cost
efficiencies & effectiveness to achieve set Media Productivity
targets across portfolio
- Work with Brand teams and Franchise teams to execute media strategies from planning-buying-monitoring
- Develop, review and ensure that Media Processes are in line with global best practice
- Identify, explore and develop winning media contents and
property to Guinness Nigeria (GN) and Diageo Brands Nigeria (DBN)
- Set strategic direction for brands.
- Evaluation of sponsorship opportunities & ideas for amplification.
- Optimization & leveraging of existing sponsorship platforms.
- Sponsorship audit & evaluation.
- Responsible for ensuring campaign monitoring & tracking by independent monitoring Agency.
- Manage Media budget with Media Agency to ensure that campaigns run within agreed budget and scope.
- Ensure prompt payment by Agency to 3rd party ensuring that GN
remains reputable in paying for services and a favored media partner.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 10 years experience in a strategic marketing function like media, advertising or brand management.
- Understanding Media Management/Development Processes.
- Digital & New Media knowledge.
- Consumer Knowledge.
- Project Management.
- Pursue innovation.
- Understanding of media trends and insights driving change in media consumption habits/behaviors.
- Forecasting: knowledge and ability to apply information and procedures used to forecast consumer behaviors.
- Lead strategic direction in delivering brand experience.
- Drive Media Cost efficiencies across brands/markets.
- Numeracy and good understanding of statistics/Data.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online