Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international
humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to
populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race,
religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Abuja:
- Assist the Supply Manager with stock management (receipt,
storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical
supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipment and other logistics
materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and MSF
standards, in order to ensure the overall functioning of MSF activities.
- Managing the storage of international and national orders
- Managing the upkeep of the project stocks
- Keep a special control of “sensitive” goods numbers of lots, expiry dates, and packaging and special storage conditions.
- Pack (according to transport means), weigh and label freight
(destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode
of transport) and assign a shipping number to each package, in
accordance with the line manager’s instructions.
- Managing security stock
- Managing the reception of locally-purchased goods and dispatching them to the projects.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Literacy essential.
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- Desirable ability to do basic repairs.
- Desirable secondary education and warehouse management related studies.
- Previous experience as storekeeper desirable.
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Abuja(No 26 Olu Agabi Close Life Camp, Gwarimpa District) (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk).
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: [email protected]
Deadline for the submission of applications: 29th of April 2015.
Selected candidates only will be called for a Test and interview.
No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind,
nor other types of favoritisms will be tolerated in the recruitment
process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having
benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be
pursued through the judicial system.