The International Foundation Against Infectious Disease in Nigeria
(ifain.org), is a non Governmental, not-for-profit organization whose
mission is to execute medical research in the field of infectious
diseases with the goal of identifying causes of serious infections and
promoting cure or prevention for these conditions in Nigeria. The
organization is supported by research grants from
international donor agencies and has collaborative links with several
Nigerian tertiary institutions.
We seek applications from qualified candidates to fill the position:
Position Summary / Purpose of Position
- The data manager will ensure efficient collection and management of
data from multiple performance sites in Nigeria and will work closely
with the data team to continuously develop, document, maintain and
review data quality goals, standards, and requirements.
- They will establish and maintain an ongoing process for reviewing suspect data, determining causes, and rectifying any issues.
- Position will be posted in Abuja – candidate must be willing and
able to travel, work and stay at other research sites in Nigeria
including Kano, Ibadan, Ilorin and other future sites which may be in
rural areas. Candidate may also be asked to occasionally travel
- Position will report directly to the IFAIN director. The job
requires a minimum of eight hours a day five days a week but appointees
must be willing and flexible with work hours to accommodate
- The manager will also train data entry clerks in data quality
improvement practices and supervise and assist with daily entry at the
- The candidate must have the ability to perform data queries and
analysis to produce regular reports to IFAIN administration. The
candidate must be flexible and interpersonal to professionally and
efficiently interact with multi-disciplinary teams from both Nigeria and
- Secondary degree required; advanced degree in Information Systems Management, or equivalent, preferred.
- Experience working in biomedical research a plus.
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Position Summary/Purpose of Position
- Medical Laboratory Scientists will provide support for different
research projects that require basic medical microbiology and hematology
- Highly motivated and diligent personnel holding this position may have the benefit of supported additional training overseas.
- Work hours on this program are project-target driven and may not conform to routine/standard work hours.
- Experience with managing automated bacterial culture systems will be an advantage.
- Minimum requirement consist of Bachelors degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Candidates with a Masters degree in medical microbiology or related
basic medical sciences with interest in medical research are also
invited to apply.
- Previous experience in a medical facility will be an advantage but not mandatory.
Position Summary/Purpose of Position
- Medical officers will provide clinical services for screening and enrolment of study participants from clinical sites.
- They are expected to be proficient in the clinical management of children.
- Holders of this position are required to have completed the National
Youth Service Corp. For the senior Medical Officers, part 1 of either
the National Post Graduate Medical College or the West African College
of Physicians is required.
- Candidates who have completed training in Paediatrics from either
college who are interested in pursuing an academic career in Paediatrics
and seek research experience may also apply.
- Position will be posted in Abuja, Nyanya, Kano, Gwagwalada, Ilorin
and other future sites which may be in rural areas. Candidate may also
be asked to occasionally travel internationally.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should please submit cover letter with
research interests, curriculum vitae, name and e-mail address of three
professional references to: [email protected]
Note: Only e-mailed applications will be accepted.