Job Title: Chauffeur, FSN-03/FP-BB
Work Hours: Full-time; 48 hours/week
Basic Functions of the Position
- The incumbent serves as a chauffeur;
- S/he carefully and responsibly drives an official vehicle to
transport CDC Nigeria employees, Temporary Duty Staffs and other
official Passengers or cargo and delivers invitations for official
functions to various locations in Abuja, and on occasion, to other
cities in Nigeria.
- The job holder is responsible for daily preventative maintenance
of the vehicle and reporting defects and malfunctions to supervisor for
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection
criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information
supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Ability to drive carefully and cautiously in heavy, chaotic
traffic under poorly maintained roads and ability to recognize a hazard
or potentially dangerous situation and take appropriate defensive action
- Must have professional Class E valid Nigeria driving license
with knowledge of preventive maintenance and ability to recognize when
vehicle is not working properly.
- Minimum of five (5) years prior driving experience as a
professional driver with an international donor agency or large
organization is required.
- Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough knowledge of the local traffic laws, patterns and
locations of various government offices in and around Abuja is required.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members
(USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is
essential that the candidate specifically address the required
qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary
Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
OR – Ordinarily Resident – N2,360,678.00 p.a. (Starting
basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-03 In addition to the basic salary,
all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local
NOR – AEFM/EFM – US$22,058 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-BB
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards,
copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements
of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: [email protected]
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have
the required work and residency permits to be eligible for
consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in
country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of
mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 8th June, 2015.